Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
granneb
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: RH Glove box lid

Post by granneb »

brucek wrote:The other option, of course, is to try our friends in the European clubs - Scandinavia (Nordisk), Frrance, Holland and Germany all have thriving clubs . I have seen several European Minors in their final face lifted guise which display the right hand side glove box lid. There was convertible on this years MOT in fact.

I have a friend who actually wants to do the opposite to you - i.e replace a RHD glove box lid with a LHD open fascia panel cos his wife is fed up having the lid crack her knees every time they go out in it! Like Series 2 chrome screen surrounds they will be a challenge to find but not an impossibility with a bit of sleuthing! Good luck - and if you find a LHD car with the lid, can you get the open fascia from the other side too? :D
Thanks for the reply
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

A glove box lid from a LHD Series MM should do the job and should come complete with centre hole for badge, clock, rev counter etc.
[sig]3580[/sig]
whyperion
Minor Fan

Post by whyperion »

Yes , if the original poster had put I have a 19whatever , Trav...loon, Originally Supplied without a RH(Drivers) Glove Box lid, where can I obtain one to as a replacement for the existing open surround, that would have helped as we didnt know what car and year it was meant to be for.

The early 1000 glove box lids I suppose could be made to fit into a spare surround with a bit of welding and filing , I would not like to try to though. Minors were quite popular in Holland , and I think there is a Dutch club , that might be the best source to try for a later RH lid.

Never thought about a MM lid , were more of the early production exported compared to the later models.
morrisminorbzh
Minor Fan

Post by morrisminorbzh »

I got a RH glove pocket lid from a late LHD Minor in Denmark at Nordisk Morris Minor Lager A/S, Oestergade 17, 8990 Faarup, Denmark - tel: (+45) 86 44 32 95. Second hand spares are not listed as such on their site http://www.morrisminor.dk/ so send an email : mail@morrisminor.dk

They were very helpful and this is a useful source of LHD bits and pieces.

Hope this is of help.

Michael
granneb
Minor Friendly

Post by granneb »

morrisminorbzh wrote:I got a RH glove pocket lid from a late LHD Minor in Denmark at Nordisk Morris Minor Lager A/S, Oestergade 17, 8990 Faarup, Denmark - tel: (+45) 86 44 32 95. Second hand spares are not listed as such on their site http://www.morrisminor.dk/ so send an email : mail@morrisminor.dk

They were very helpful and this is a useful source of LHD bits and pieces.

Hope this is of help.

Michael

Thanks for your help
washer-bottle
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by washer-bottle »

Whilst you are at it, I have the little internal passenger door lock lever from a LHD Traveller fitted on my RHD driver's door as it makes locking the car much quicker when you get out ... you just need to make sure you don't lock yourself out though.

Al