Page 1 of 1
fuel tank screws
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 6:07 pm
by Nax
Hello, what size are the fuel tank screws I cant seem to find any on ESM
Plenty of self tappers on ebay but not sure of the size.
Re: fuel tank screws
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 7:24 pm
by svenedin
Not sure of the exact size but ESM do sell them, 10G257. You will need 14 screws. The same screws are used on he gear-lever gaiter.
Stephen
Re: fuel tank screws
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 7:51 pm
by jagnut66
Hi,
I believe 'Nax' means the screws that fix the fuel tank to the body of the car, I think you're referring to the sender unit screws (link attached below).
When fixing my new tank in place I just used appropriately sized self tappers from B & Q. I used one of the manky originals as a size guide.
That said if you just type in 'screw' in the search panel box on the ESM site (right hand side, top of the page), you will find that amongst all they do are several sizes of self tapper, give them a call and have a chat, I expect they'll be able to tell you which one you want.
Best wishes,
Mike.
https://www.morrisminorspares.com/fuel- ... -6-p830665
Re: fuel tank screws
Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2026 9:01 pm
by svenedin
jagnut66 wrote: ↑Wed Oct 07, 2026 7:51 pm
Hi,
I believe 'Nax' means the screws that fix the fuel tank to the body of the car, I think you're referring to the sender unit screws (link attached below).
When fixing my new tank in place I just used appropriately sized self tappers from B & Q. I used one of the manky originals as a size guide.
That said if you just type in 'screw' in the search panel box on the ESM site (right hand side, top of the page), you will find that amongst all they do are several sizes of self tapper, give them a call and have a chat, I expect they'll be able to tell you which one you want.
Best wishes,
Mike.
https://www.morrisminorspares.com/fuel- ... -6-p830665
Yes 14x 10G297 to fix the tank to the body.
Stephen
Re: fuel tank screws
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 11:58 am
by Nax
Yes found them I searched for gear lever gaiter screws
Thanks for your help
Re: fuel tank screws
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 12:32 pm
by svenedin
Nax wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 11:58 am
Yes found them I searched for gear lever gaiter screws
Thanks for your help
Good. You could also have searched by the BMC part number that I quoted.
Stephen
Re: fuel tank screws
Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 2:51 pm
by geoberni
svenedin wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 12:32 pm
Nax wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 11:58 am
Yes found them I searched for gear lever gaiter screws
Thanks for your help
Good. You could also have searched by the BMC part number that I quoted.
Stephen
Actually, this has come up before.....
viewtopic.php?t=75405
But I checked the parts books again.....
Original numbers were:
Gear Gaiter used Qty 6 of PTZ 806 a No 8 x 1/2" Pan head self tapping Pozi-drive screw. All 948 gearboxes....
But on the 1098 gearbox, while cars remained at PTZ 806, the Traveller changed to PTZ 804
Fuel Tank used Qty 18 of PTZ 804, a No 8 x 3/4" Pan head self tapping Pozi-drive screw.
But AI does find sources vary from 14 - 18 screws used.
AI also says that the 804 is sometimes cross referenced to 10G297.
So your choice, 1/2" or 3/4" No8 self tapping, Qty as req'd.
Re: fuel tank screws
Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 12:00 am
by jagnut66
Yes 14x 10G297 to fix the tank to the body.
Sorry, I think I got crossed wires there somewhere, anyway these are the ones I believe you meant, if so 10G257 by the way:
https://www.morrisminorspares.com/gearb ... er-p830877
And these are the ones I believe Berni is referring to:
https://www.morrisminorspares.com/body- ... ad-p829196
Or:
https://www.morrisminorspares.com/body- ... ad-p829203
(All links go to the ESM site.)
Best wishes,
Mike.