Page 1 of 1

any value as a parts car?

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:05 pm
by moran75
Hi all
I've inherited a I have a 'mostly' complete 1951 Minor - i say mostly, the only part i see missing is rear window. But maybe inside the car…ill check

Interesting reg,,,i have the log book

Car is in Greenhithe , North Kent

Been outside for a long time and is obvs a non runner. Do you think it would have value as a parts car or is it too far gone , and should i scrap it? 😀

Re: any value as a parts car?

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:35 pm
by les
Well it’s not something I could work with but hope others might be interested, I mainly posted to thank you for thinking of us !

Re: any value as a parts car?

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:57 pm
by Keith
It is an early high light series MM, signified by the short bonnet so made first few months of 1951, so it is quite rare. If you use Facebook, contact the Series MM Register, as I'm sure there will be some interest in it. I wouldn't scrap it.
I've sent you a PM.
Keith

Re: any value as a parts car?

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:23 pm
by Keith
Series MM Register contact info is also available at https://seriesmm.mmoc.org.uk/ within the Series MM Section.

Re: any value as a parts car?

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 5:36 pm
by myoldjalopy
Keith wrote: ↑Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:57 pm It is an early high light series MM, signified by the short bonnet so made first few months of 1951, so it is quite rare. If you use Facebook, contact the Series MM Register, as I'm sure there will be some interest in it. I wouldn't scrap it.
I've sent you a PM.
Keith
Yes, I wouldn't scrap/break it. People have restored worse looking cars than that and someone will want to save it. Its worth saving.....even if it takes many hours to do so.

Re: any value as a parts car?

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 7:35 pm
by ManyMinors
Definitely would have some value as a parts car as some parts for early models are now difficult to get. Somebody might be brave enough to consider restoring it but that would be uneconomic and the number of people with the time and skills is falling.
Don't be taken in too much by registration number values. My understanding is that a car has to have a current MOT in order for the registration number to be transferred.
You could list it on this site for sale or in the club magazine or contact the specialists in the magazine perhaps.
It won't be worth a huge sum but somebody will want it.

Re: any value as a parts car?

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:57 am
by moran75
les wrote: ↑Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:35 pm Well it’s not something I could work with but hope others might be interested, I mainly posted to thank you for thinking of us !
well, im a classic owner myself (65 Buick) so would really like to get it to someone who would benefit - parts are getting harder find im sure 😀