1969 Morris Minor 1000 4-Door Saloon, Smoke Grey

You can use this area to advertise a Morris Minor.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
NB Replies are not permitted in this forum. When posting advertisements, please ensure that you provide a phone number and/or email address for replies. Remember also to check your Private Messages on this Board.
mauricef
MMOC Member: Yes

1969 Morris Minor 1000 4-Door Saloon, Smoke Grey

Post by mauricef »

I've owned and looked after this Minor since 1995 and used it as my everyday car until a few years ago. Completely standard and totally reliable. Front sills rebuilt in 2018 but now needs further attention in a few areas.

Always kept MOT’d. Passed last MOT 5 months ago. Regularly serviced and mechanically sound. Stainless exhaust fitted. Total mileage 290,000. Still running well on the original engine, with oil changed every 3,000 miles throughout its life.

The previous owner was also an MMOC member who drove it extensively across Europe. This car has crossed the Alps deep into Italy and travelled through the Arctic Circle in Norway. See Minor Matters May/June 1995, p20, for more details and a potted history of the car at that point.

Lots of receipts and MOT certificates back to the 1970s, including the original BMC service book.

Attention is needed to o/s inner sill near seat belt mounting, o/s front door pillar/scuttle, and rear bootwell area, where rust is starting to creep in. Also needs a new set of carpets. I’ve cared for this car for almost 30 years, but I no longer have the time to spend on it that I once did.

I would like someone, preferably a fellow MMOC member, to take on the car and give it a fresh lease of life. Please message me for further details or to come and view. Or email maurice.pinkmoon@gmail.com. The car is located in Southport, Merseyside, near the Lancashire border. Offers around £2,500.

I also have a garage full of second hand spares if you should need any.
Attachments
Front.JPG
Front.JPG (1.63 MiB) Viewed 995 times
Rear Offside.JPG
Rear Offside.JPG (1.59 MiB) Viewed 995 times
Rear Nearside.JPG
Rear Nearside.JPG (1.91 MiB) Viewed 995 times
Engine & Interior.jpg
Engine & Interior.jpg (2.39 MiB) Viewed 995 times
Attention Required.jpg
Attention Required.jpg (1.97 MiB) Viewed 995 times