Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Mercmancdi
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Help with fitting spring on choke

Post by Mercmancdi »

Any one help as to how to fit choke bracket return spring , can’t find where the ends of spring should catch it’s as though spring should be deeper. 1098cc 1969 looked into sorting choke as it’s never been right since I got car , discovered the stud holding the choke bracket in was broke off , took bracket off with the inner spring got old stud out and one from an old carb. Must admit having trouble getting the inner bigger spring in correct position as I never saw which way it sat.tried so many times considering putting a light spring on bracket up to air filter. AS totally at a loss even worse when you are leaning over to far side of carb and your glasses slide down .
Any constructive advice is welcome,
So try again tomorrow evening to see if I can get the spring into a position it does something, it’s the bigger spring the smaller one is still on bracket and it seems to be the one that returns choke to off when cable button pushed in. Thanks in advance.
Mercmancdi
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Help with fitting spring on choke

Post by Mercmancdi »

Ok most probably know this but just in case it helps someone else.
I could not get the choke return arm spring on , so took carb off and found you have to remove the choke lever clip and take off /then there’s a round peg on carb for one catch of the spring and another on the actual bracket it’s just a we slot you put the spring ends into these positions and spin round until sitting in right position and tighten centre stud
refit the arm to the choke and that’s it very easy but would be very difficult to do in situ unless your more supple than me.