Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
thecount
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Series II Split Windscreen Question

Post by thecount »

Hello everyone.

I wonder if anyone would be able to offer some advice please on the matter of the 4 little "screws" that secure the split screen centre bar on the Series II minors (I should imagine the MM series as well). It appears that these items are truely one of the few parts that are no longer available through parts suppliers anywhere, well none of the ones I have contacted.
I wonder if anyone may be able to suggest somewhere i might try to obtain these, new or second hand doesn't matter, as long as the screw heads are in good serviceable condition.
Thankyou for your time and advice.
Regards.
Gav

1955 4Dr Series II
ASL642
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Re: Series II Split Windscreen Question

Post by ASL642 »

Try contacting Chris at Tom Roy (details in Minor Matters) He usually has a good stock of second hand parts for sale and will be able to advise regarding the screws - he may even have some.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Series II Split Windscreen Question

Post by IaininTenbury »

I've had new ones in the past. Can't remember offhand which supplier though. Only drawback is that they are slotted rather than crosshead so, a: they don't look quite right and b: the lower one is a right so and so to do up on a centre speedo dashboard.
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!