Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
meganwilkinson2008
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

CLUTCH RELAY SHAFT BUSH

Post by meganwilkinson2008 »

Hi can anyone give me any info on the clutch relay bush renewal i have purchased a poly one from bull motif and wondered if it is difficult to fit. wondered if it takes long as i use my moggy every day,if so may have to fit it when i've got some time off. The one that is on the car looks almost shot.Has anyone fitted a poly bush and does it make a difference. many thanks.
chesney
Minor Legend
Location: Le Tronquay, nr Bayeux, en France - Pop in for a cuppa!

Re: CLUTCH RELAY SHAFT BUSH

Post by chesney »

I have, it shouldn't take too long. There are four bolts (7/16AF) two each side, take off the clutch rod and link rods and remove. Be careful not to lose any of the pieces.
A smear of grease on contact faces is a good move. Also, some grease in the socket the cylindrical bush goes into is wise.
To reassemble, I put the gearbox assembly together, slotted the shaft (with spring) into the cylindrical bush, then assemble the chassis leg side and manoeuvre this into position without the distance plate, which can be placed in after.
You should also replace the bronze bush and the fibre washer too.
I fitted poly to mine, doesn't really feel any different but it stiffens the relay shaft which stops movement elsewhere along the link rods, so must be good. Plus modern rubber is prone to not lasting, so poly is the way forward IMHO.
meganwilkinson2008
Minor Fan

Re: CLUTCH RELAY SHAFT BUSH

Post by meganwilkinson2008 »

Oh great many thanks for help appreciated.