Indicators?

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Madmaz
MMOC Member: No

Indicators?

Post by Madmaz »

Can anyone tell me when minors where fitted with indicators? My car is a 1960 model and seems to have trafficators riveted shut and indicators fitted, I'm wondering if the indicators where fitted after it came off the production line? I'm new to all this but will try to add a photo!! I have looked at lots of photos of 2 door 1960 model, and have no seen any others with sealed up trafficators? Thank you
qwerty165
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Indicators?

Post by qwerty165 »

From Original Morris Minor by Ray Newell: August 1961 - Flashing direction indicators incorporated into front and rear lamps (semaphore direction indicators discontinued.)

Madmaz

Post by Madmaz »

So would my 1960 car have been fitted with both at manufacture?
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

No
[sig]3580[/sig]
TFM150K
Minor Fan

Post by TFM150K »

Before you get too carried away, it sounds as if you have a number of options here : to leave things as they are; to reinstate the trafficators and remove the flashers, filling the holes and respraying the wings; or to re-instate the trafficators and, using the wiring diagram that you can find elsewhere on the site (under technical>wiring if I remember right), to have both!
People LIKE trafficators cos these days they are ODD. Unfortunately people drive around in their own little universe these days, they only react to what they are USED TO - flashing lights for instance - and so trafficators tend to provoke little (or no) reaction. Using them on their own involves not inconsiderable RISK.
I would have both!
:roll: