Thoughts on this? 1969 in Surrey

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
iprice85
MMOC Member: No

Thoughts on this? 1969 in Surrey

Post by iprice85 »

Hello everyone, I had posted is in the wrong place so it meant people couldn't reply, a massive thanks to those who had sent me a private message, your help is greatly appreciated.

I have been looking to buy my first minor saloon for ages, I love them! Any thoughts on this one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1969-Morris-M ... 2337556d99

I am thinking of going to look at the car, but I wanted opinions first before making the trip.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help,

Ian

Blades
Minor Fan

Re: Thoughts on this? 1969 in Surrey

Post by Blades »

Ian, going on first impressions I would say it is worth having a look at

You will of course need to check out the important areas of the car which the photos don't show, ask to take off the kick plates and take it for a good test drive

One other thing, take a digit camera with you, you can then check things when you are back home that can easily be forgotten afterwards

Nick
[sig]9332[/sig]
gtt1951
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by gtt1951 »

Blades wrote:... ask to take off the kick plates and take it for a good test drive ...
If the kick plates are like the ones on my Traveller, they may be riveted along the top edge, rather than screwed on. Also, removing the bottom nuts and bolts would be a time consuming operation that the seller may not want to bother with (you need 2 spanners). Good luck with the viewing. Regards, George.
'50 Low-light with 918 Side-valve engine,
'51 High-light with Side-valve 918 engine,
'55 4-dr with 803 engine,
'56 Traveller with 1098 engine.
MarkyB
Minor Maniac

Post by MarkyB »

Crikey 10 offers already!
I'd have a look, or get someone to look ASAP.
You can get a good idea of the quality of the work that's been done by lifting the carpets and having a poke around underneath.

"Once you break something you will see how it was put together"
highland morris
Minor Fan

Post by highland morris »

looks like a nice little car love the colour
gtt1951
Minor Addict

Post by gtt1951 »

Too late - now sold.
'50 Low-light with 918 Side-valve engine,
'51 High-light with Side-valve 918 engine,
'55 4-dr with 803 engine,
'56 Traveller with 1098 engine.
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

I doubt you will manage to get a good car if you waste time seeking reassurance from members of the forum before taking the plunge.If you're not confident of your own judgement it may be worth trying to find a knowledgeable person nearby who would be willing to view it with you at short notice possibly for payment for their expertise.Louise made a good point recently that mentioning a prospective purchase on here could actually lose the car for you.You can satisfy yourself that the car and seller SEEM honest and genuine,that the mechanics seem OK and that you like the look of it.If the price is within your reach with a provision to have funds to spend more on it as the need arises then go for it.
busguy
Minor Addict

Post by busguy »

tysonn wrote:I doubt you will manage to get a good car if you waste time seeking reassurance from members of the forum before taking the plunge.If you're not confident of your own judgement it may be worth trying to find a knowledgeable person nearby who would be willing to view it with you at short notice possibly for payment for their expertise.Louise made a good point recently that mentioning a prospective purchase on here could actually lose the car for you.You can satisfy yourself that the car and seller SEEM honest and genuine,that the mechanics seem OK and that you like the look of it.If the price is within your reach with a provision to have funds to spend more on it as the need arises then go for it.
That's the point I tried to make by pm very early on when the question was asked. Basically, if you are reasonably satisfied on all the points above, and 'gut feel' says it's the one for you, be positive, get off your butt, and go for it!
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

This one looks promising.Get in your car now and travel: (visions of forum members scrambling to view):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/morris-minor- ... 27e08089eb
iprice85

Post by iprice85 »

Thanks for your advice everyone, it sold the same day I asked about it, it's not like I hung about, I wonder if I gave it away to someone on here :lol: ! I was just seeking advice before going and whether people knew much about the seller and I had a lot of interesting information via PM, I am looking to buy my first minor and I have little experience with them. I was at work anyway so I couldn't go view it during the day, I would never view a car in the dark. Congratulations to the buyer any way, I am sure I will find something else, East Sussex Minors isn't too far from where I live so I will keep an eye out there too. Thanks again, hopefully my next post will be a photo of me with my new purchase

Tiny
Minor Friendly

Post by Tiny »

The Buyers Guide of this website is really useful, Gives you an idea of where to look at least.
Heres a Link to it : http://www.mmoc.org.uk/index.php?page=310