pictures

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

pictures

Post by les »

As you might have guessed by now, I'm sorting through some old pictures. This one is of a 125mph GT Lambretta.

anderson01
MMOC Member: No

Re: pictures

Post by anderson01 »

wow...... you shared really nice picture here. Actually I also have some old collection and i wanted to share too but unfortunately I don't know how to share picture on the forum. so please tell me how to share so that i would be able to share a photo with all of you. so thanks in advance.
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Hope this helps "How to post pictures on this site" http://www.mmoc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36971

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

wow brave man ,125 mph on 10 inch wheels ,with tubed tyres? nice picture :D I presume it's your good self
Cheers Alex
all thoughts are given in good faith but..." You pays your money and takes your choice"

[/color]
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Not me! My gt200 was well short of that speed. Great scooter though! :D

irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

The gt200 had terrible gearing and owners usualy changed to the pacemaker box
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

They were quite high ratios which made the gt the fastest lambretta. In fact the sx200 that followed used the tv175 gears, which helped the take off speed. I would imagine the pacemaker gears being from a 150 would be a bit on the low side, ratio wise.

irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Les the pacemaker had a brilliant gear spread very close between 3rd and 4th and was always used on race scooters by builders like Arthur Francis Harry Barlow etc.The 200,s used a small front sprocket and went through clutches very fast. Les and Lambrettalad do you know why it was called the pacemaker :lol: ??
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I general thinking is--- Gerry had something to do with it!

irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Correct Les he was on the advert for some reason :lol:
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

It seems that the group were in a film or something and they were riding lambrettas, so some bright spark thought of naming a model after them. Don't know how true it all is.

lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

this article was originally published in the 1st Quarter 96’ edition of the Italian National Club Newsletter, written by Marco Micali (member #680) and translated by Alex MacKenzie (member #14).

“Pacemaker” is the name that Lambretta Concessionaires Ltd. (official British importer) gave to the Li 150 Special in honor of the famous 60’s music group “Gerry and the Pacemakers”. Gerry and his band posed in many publicity photos organized by the British importer.

In the first published photographs, the Li 150 Special “Pacemaker” was shown with bi-color side panels and with the rest of the body painted completely white. On the legshield, under the “Special” script, is a nice and innovative raised-letter plastic “Pacemaker” badge that is glued on.

Looking closely at the scooter on the original advertising posters you will notice that the front hub is from a 200, complete with disk brake. Careful research revealed that no “Pacemakers” with disk brakes were ever sold, in fact, very few models with the bi-color side panels ever left the importer’s warehouses.

In the end, the only difference between Lambretta Li 150 Special Pacemaker ‘normal’ Li 150 Special that were sold to the British public was the “Pacemaker” sticker on the legshield[frame]Image[/frame]
Cheers Alex
all thoughts are given in good faith but..." You pays your money and takes your choice"

[/color]
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Another case of badge engineering :)
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

Good job they didn't use Freddy and the Dreamers eh? :D
Cheers Alex

[/color]
MikeMoon01

Post by MikeMoon01 »

HI, I am here just for getting some help from to all of you, Actually I am new here ( as I told in my first post )and I don't know so much about the features, so any one can tell me that who to post a picture in the post of the forum.
Your all help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.