Minor 1000000 help please.Updated 18/01/11

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
goldfish
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Minor 1000000 help please.Updated 18/01/11

Post by goldfish »

Hi there,can anyone please help with the specification on the Million I have just purchased.I know the front and rear lights need changing back to origionals and the sills are in crome which is not period correct either.
Is there anything else missing or added?
Thanks in advance[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
15/12/10 Finally taken "newer" front indicators off and replaced with clear ones that do indicate and work the side lights too.[frame]Image[/frame]
Last edited by goldfish on Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.

PSL184
Minor Legend

Re: Minor 1000000 help please.

Post by PSL184 »

Non standard items I can see in engine bay are polished carb dash pot, electric washers and that relay box of some sort on the bulkhead beneath the voltage control box. The copper heater pipe looks to be fitted at a strange angle with the outlet pipe sticking upwards (might be normal though I can't remember for sure)..... Drivers door mirror and chrome exhaust pipe finisher would be add ons but probably in keeping with the period all the same - Nice looking car :lol:
[sig]8426[/sig]

Compare the Minors - Simples !! http://mog.myfreeforum.org/index.php
Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Post by Sidney'61 »

Hiya, the car looks very good, I've seen this one in the flesh and it is in very nice condition, the bits that I can see are that the lens on the end of the indicator stalk should be green and not orange and the bit that everybody gets wrong is that the door cards would have been completely plain they would not have had the 3 panel design as that was only for the 4-door and traveller, good luck! :D
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

goldfish
Minor Friendly

Post by goldfish »

Thanks guys its amazing the knoweldge thats available here,and to think I thought I'd found all three differences..............
I did wonder about the end of the indicator stick being yellow as I have my 64 reg (under restoration,pictures on site) that has a green end and the box under the fuses is an electric washer pump.

bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Lovely looking car - I would leave the non-standard lights and even the chrome trims. Indeed - I would leave the whole car exactly as it is - just use it and enjoy it!
ImageImage
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

The 'box' is some sort of relay - the electric washer pump is on the other side just above the washer bottle.
ImageImage
fussyoldfart
Minor Fan

Post by fussyoldfart »

This is funny because when I Googled Minor 1000000 to confirm my recollection of how it looked, up popped up a picture of YOUR CAR :D http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/the- ... inor_15367

What has been done is that flashing signals have been added and, of course the windshield washer. These changes explain the different lights and probably the extra electrical stuff that we can see. The lights could be changed to the earlier beehive type which would look closer to the original but the best that you could do with the rest is to try to relocate the extra parts where they can't be seen. A lot of work for little benefit. There's not much help for the washers unless you just remove them and then you have holes to fill and paintwork to do. The polished Carb would be easy to replace but why?

I agree with bmcecosse, drive it and enjoy it. Removing worthwhile improvements is not a good idea.

Darrell McDonald
Fussyoldfart in Welland Ontario.

goldfish
Minor Friendly

Post by goldfish »

Thanks Darrell for the link and advice.Regards Neil

Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Post by Sidney'61 »

fussyoldfart wrote:There's not much help for the washers unless you just remove them and then you have holes to fill and paintwork to do.
In the UK it's a legal requirement to have washers fitted even if they weren't originally so even the highest standard concourse minors have them, if you really want to look more original you can get hold of manual pump washers that were an optional extra of the time usually made by Tudor > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TUDOR-old-windscr ... 45f597dce5
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Contact the Million Register they should be able to supply all the info you need.
http://web.mac.com/davincihair/minormil ... lcome.html
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
goldfish
Minor Friendly

Post by goldfish »

Off for MOT on Saturday,fingers crossed.......................

dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Post by dalebrignall »

lovley looking car .
[sig]5641[/sig]
goldfish
Minor Friendly

Post by goldfish »

Thanks Dave,

After the MOT I will attend to the front and rear indicators to bring back to origional,as to the alloy sills I quite like them so undecided as yet.
Cheers

Neil.

faversham999
Minor Fan

Post by faversham999 »

7 inch brakes are standard on the front. Rear Lights look good, stainless steel sides look great they can be replaced with mild steel that will need spraying . Side entry dizzy cap was also standard . But to me it looks like a nice Minor Million why change it

goldfish
Minor Friendly

Post by goldfish »

I just think the correct front and rear lights will make the car origional again,the last owner spent £4700 having her restored and then put the later indicators on which to my mind detracts from its beauty.
Thanks for your feedback,

Neil[frame]Image[/frame]
Last edited by goldfish on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hotrodder13
Minor Legend

Post by hotrodder13 »

it does look a very nice car, if you come to sell the kick plates id be intrested :-)
freshly painted 1275cc anda very loud big bore exhaust
faversham999
Minor Fan

Post by faversham999 »

They only were fitted with stop and tail lights no indicator lights . I think you can have the front white side lights flashing if have trafficators no outside mirrors were fitted just interior

goldfish
Minor Friendly

Post by goldfish »

Interestingly enough my 64 Minor thats being restored has the white front light including indicator and also the rear brake/indicator in the one peice red so if I'm lucky since the wiring has been upgraded then mabey they will work........... here's hoping!
Thanks

Neil

goldfish
Minor Friendly

Post by goldfish »

Good news, 336AWO is on the road for another year!
Last edited by goldfish on Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish
Minor Friendly

Post by goldfish »

Nothings ever as easy as you think,bought correct lights for the front of the car and was all excited to fit them today only to find that when I removed the later editions someone had drilled extra holes in the wing to make them fit. If I fit the correct ones there are two gaping holes left on view,not ideal ! So I will have to save up the penny's and live with the newer ones for now, got a funny feeling if I remove the rear lights I will come across the same problem........ :(