Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
pgc520
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

National Rally - Update Plaques /Guides

Post by pgc520 »

Firstly I hope that you all enjoyed the rally this weekend ! Many thanks to all of you who braved the rain on Sat and the gales on Sunday and those who helped with the entry control over the weekend.

I am consious that a number of people did not get the Rally Plaque or A4 guide when they arrived on Sunday.

Arrangements are being made to produce a further batch of the plaques and guides, if you know anyone who did not get a plaque or A4 guide could let me know numbers please asap.

The problems with the generator on Sat night have been traced back to a drum of contaminated fuel, discussions with the supplier are ongoing.

Regards
AndrewImage
d_harris
Minor Legend

Post by d_harris »

Problems with the generator? Was that what caused the problems with the party??

aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

and the pathetic hog roast

well will know next time not to get a party ticket
Vikki
Minor Friendly

Post by Vikki »

was the 'plaque' the cardboard coaster??? if not i didnt get one.
[sig]7113[/sig]
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

yes it was

i would have thought a nice momento would have better in brass or something

local shows do this every year and we get a cardboard coaster or beer mat :( :(
Vikki
Minor Friendly

Post by Vikki »

its a bit random! to be honest i would of been happy with a sticker, im really not gonna use the beer mat.
[sig]7113[/sig]
stag36587
Minor Legend

Post by stag36587 »

I didn't get the plaque or the brochure so would love to if poss.
]
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

I am consious that a number of people did not get the Rally Plaque or A4 guide when they arrived on Sunday.
I didn't get either of these and I arrived at 6.30 on Friday evening! I can understand these running out on Sunday but what was the reason for the lack of 'plaques' and A4 guides on Friday, bearing in mind the club was aware that almost 900 cars were pre-booked?

I thought that the A4 guide was merely a map showing where everything was? It's not going to be much use after the event :-?
well will know next time not to get a party ticket
That's what you said last year Dennis :wink:

Eric - 1971 Traveller
Keith
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Keith »

Andrew,

I would expect the club will be providing an announcement in the next Minor Matters, on how to apply for the guides/plaques, as the organisers on the gate were not taking any details from the people who didn't receive the guides/plaques.

So can you please confirm how this process will work....also taking into account not all members use this notice board.

Keith
Last edited by Keith on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
iandromiskin
Minor Fan

Post by iandromiskin »

Overall I totally enjoyed the weekend and would love a time machine to go back and do it all again. Really lovely venue and lovely cars etc. I didn't see or think there was any problems with gates etc, though our tent did blow away a bit on the Saturday night :) I would have to agree with the hog roast thing though :-? , to queue for over an hour for a burger thing... we took one look at the tent and went somewhere else, so we missed the costumes, the party and the dodgy generator.
Gertie, 1962 Saloon, Milly, 1969 Traveller (ex APL 971H) and now KAS 1958 4 Door Saloon.
[img]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t28/iandromiskin/DSC_0051-1.jpg[/img][img]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t28/iandromiskin/Picture112.jpg[/img][img]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t28/iandromiskin/Picture366.jpg[/img]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnDuQIOtYcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuhsoEd1GhQ
Rob_Jennings
Minor Addict

Post by Rob_Jennings »

I enjoyed the weekend, despite the best efforts of the weather and questionable planning.

I think the layout could have been improved, it would have been nicer to have had only cars in front of the house and the traders stands off to one side. (e.g. behind branch avenue)

The fiasco of the party ensures I wont attend that part of the events again. The generator cutting out may have been beyond their control but the poor food provided (a snack more that a supper) and associated queues were inexcusable given that the numbers must have been known in advance.

I though the entry price was also a bit steep (most other shows I attend are around 5-8 quid per car even for weekends and without the economy of scale), given that the club is cash rich it really should subsidise or make the national rally free to encourage more people to attend.

how much would it cost per head to get an external company to organise it properly? sometimes internal comities and organisations may not be the right people to arrange something like this?
Rob
Lizzy 1970 Morris Minor Traveller and Noah 1969 Morris Mini Traveller
ImageImage
Squiggle
Minor Addict

Post by Squiggle »

LouiseM wrote:
I didn't get either of these and I arrived at 6.30 on Friday evening! I can understand these running out on Sunday but what was the reason for the lack of 'plaques' and A4 guides on Friday, bearing in mind the club was aware that almost 900 cars were pre-booked?
I arrived around 1pm on Friday and didn't get one either.

On Sunday, Rosie told me to give my name and address in at the large marquee to request a rally plaque. I passed the advice around to as many as I could.

Do I need to request it again?

Risking really putting the spanner in the works.............

Is there any way a decent plaque could be issued to really mark the event?

I realise that is would take some organising, but there must be a way. I'd be happy to help if possible/necessary.

I wonder if the profits from the rally could stretch to this?

It is the 60th after all!

Souvenirs are important and that's why many of us are happy to pay for them.

1952 Series MM, 918cc sidevalve, 4 door saloon in Empire Green with a matching hotwater bottle
0-60 eventually
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

well that really was the last supper party ticket i buy

i will get a dinner else where, thats if i go to another rally :( :(
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Post by dalebrignall »

the party ticket was a bit pricey.it was a bit too loud really.i qued up for my pork roll only because i paid for it,and for that price there could have been some stuffing.i went back to the tent and cooked a bacon roll ot two to fill up.i did get my brochure and tea coaster.i am not winging because i had a good time and in the end thats what the club is all about.its the people in the club that make it what it is.
[sig]5641[/sig]
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

and for that price there could have been some stuffing
Absolutely. I totally agree Dale.

Eric - 1971 Traveller
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Post by dalebrignall »

i think next year we should have a web site party what do people think.where everyone provides something,could make it a barbaque,just thinking of some ideas thats all
[sig]5641[/sig]
alex_holden
Minor Legend

Post by alex_holden »

dalebrignall wrote:i think next year we should have a web site party what do people think.where everyone provides something,could make it a barbaque,just thinking of some ideas thats all
Yes, but we could do with a big marquee or something in case it rains.
ImageImage
Alex Holden - http://www.alexholden.net/
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer.
Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Post by Sidney'61 »

I've got a big gazebo we should be able to use, it's kinda like three normal ones in a line, should be big enough for a half decent party
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

I've got a big gazebo we should be able to use, it's kinda like three normal ones in a line, should be big enough for a half decent party
Fabulous!
Mine is a mere 3 metres by 4 metres (room for a Minor and some tools) so with yours + others + lots of camping chairs and a few tables we'll be charging for tickets ;-)
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(
Lou
Minor Fan

Post by Lou »

I might have a second hand gazebo, hardly used... :D
Lou
Runnymede (Chertsey) Branch Contact