Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
fussyoldfart
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Alta heads. Information sought

Post by fussyoldfart »

I realize that I could be using the Technical Section for this enquiry but I want to reach as many members as possible.

What I would like to have is all the information I can gather up about the Alta Head Conversion for Minor Series MM cars. If any member has information, brochures, specifications or knowledge of parts availability to share I would be very grateful to hear from him/her. Indeed, if you know of someone who might not have seen this message, perhaps you could mention it to them.

Morris Minors are pretty scarce here, and for me to have found a very good one that also happens to have an Alta head was a tremendous stroke of good fortune. My own past experience, including the ownership of a number of Minors from a used 1949 low light in 1951 to a new 1958 Minor 1000, plus several years employment by British Motors Corporation here in Canada, leaves me quite comfortable about all but the Alta head. I wish to become as knowledgeable as possible in order to maintain my car properly and keep it on the road for years to come.

Darrell McDonald
Kevin
MMOC Member: No

Post by Kevin »

Hi Darrell the person to speak to is Keith as he runs a 53 convertible with Alta head and a Shorrock supercharger and knows as much on the subject as anyone you are likely to come across, you can send him a pm here is one of his recent postings
http://www.morrisminoroc.co.uk/index.ph ... ic&t=20020
Cheers

Kevin
Lovejoy 1968 Smoke Grey Traveller (gone to a new home after13 years)

Herts Branch Member
Moderator MMOC 44706
woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

alta head

Post by woodiesenfrance »

Hi

I can email you a copy of an article in French written for the Amicale Morris Minor France magazine in 2001 by John Gamble, an engineer who knows just about all there is to know about Altas. Email me on morrisminorfrance@neuf.fr