Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
bpr81a
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

2nd Meeting of the Working Party

Post by bpr81a »

Our Second meeting will be held on Saturday 14th April ( corrected ( web editor)in the Wardroom suite at 13:30 at

The National Motor Bike Museum

Just off Junction 6 on the M42

Coventry Road
Bickenhill
Solihull
West Midlands
UK
B92 0EJ

Please ask for the MMOC on arrival, tea and coffee will be provided.

Purpose of the meeting is to start a review the feasibility of the two areas discussed at the AGM back in November.

Notes from last meeting (see below)
An approved trader scheme
Dispute resolution service
Receive feedback from the actions from the previous meeting.
Next Steps

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact Amdrew Stone on 07774 748651

MMOC

Notes to be agreed.from the Meeting held 17th February 2007

at the National Motorbike Museum

1. Present:

Andrew Stone (Chairman), Nigel Harrison, Jonathan Heap, Simon Mitchell, Angela Mitchell

Apologies received

David Powel, Martin O’Dowd (RetroAuto), Nigel Turner (Chertsey Minors), Juliet Griffin, Maurice Stewart,

2. Purpose:

AS outlined his role and the remit of the group as agreed at the AGM in November 2006.

v SET UP A WORKING PARTY TO INVESTIGATE PROS AND CONS OF SUCH A SCHEME.

v PARAMETERS TO BE AGREED BY PARTICIPANTS IN CONJUNCTION WITH MMOC NATIONAL COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVES

v DETAILED OBJECTIVE REPORT TO BE COMPILED FOLLOWING EXTENSIVE INVESTIGATIONS OF COMPARABLE SCHEMES AND CONSULTATIONS WITH TRADERS.

v FULL COSTINGS OF THE SCHEME TO BE INCLUDED IN REPORT.

v RECOMMENDATIONS TO BE PRESENTED TO NATIONAL COMMITTEE WITHIN AN AGREED TIMEFRAME.

v REPORT BACK TO A FUTURE AGM WITH OR WITHOUT RECOMMENDATIONS FOR IMPLEMENTATION.

Following a lengthy and interesting debate agreement was reach by those present that the group would review the following topics;

2.1) The perceived poor quality of spare parts and availability of good quality parts, and the consequential impact on members, traders and restorers

2.2) The possibility of an arbitration scheme to support members, traders and restorers in the event of any dispute, and the links with the quality of parts and workmanship

3. Quality of Parts and Work

During discussions it was identified that problems and issues associated with the quality of parts and work, was an area that the group wanted to consider

3.1 Actions were agreed to move this further forward:-

3.1.1 - Jonathan Heap to sketch his proposed system / flow chart of continual assessment of the quality of restoration work or parts together with likely volumes and indicated costs.
Action JH to present his findings at the next meeting. JH’s scheme would look at assessments at different stages of the life cycle of work (for example car restores – Work at inception, during work, immediately after completion, 6 months after completion, and 12 months after completion)

3.1.2 - Nigel Harrison to contact smaller clubs which are run on a ‘volunteer basis ’ to gain an insight into their experiences and how they address the issues associated with Quality of Parts and Work.

Action NH Findings to present his findings at the next meeting. This part of the review is intended to gain a wider perspective of other alternative options for consideration.

3.1.3 Simon Mitchell to contact the MG Owners Club to gain an insight into their experiences regarding Quality of Parts and Work and how they address issues.

Action to present his findings at the next meeting. SM to present his findings to the next meeting. This review is intended to gain a perspective of a commercially run club. The MG club has developed a multi million £ business and is the main supplier of MG spare parts.

3.1.4 Andrew Stone to talk to Ray Newell regarding sending a letter to traders to give advance notice that these issues are under consideration and to seek their opinion. Traders to be consulted on questions to be asked of members.

4. Arbitration

A proposed arbitration process was discussed which, identified considerations for offering members, traders and restorers an arbitration scheme. The following actions were agreed to move this forward:

4.1 Nigel Harrison and Simon Mitchell to discuss with ‘volunteer run’ clubs and MG respectively, their experiences of arbitration, and feed back to the Committee by the next meeting.

4.2 Andrew Stone to discuss with Ray Newell about the club providing resources to fund an arbitration service, and inviting members and traders to discuss/vote on fully costed scheme at possibly the AGM.

5. Date of Next Meeting: 14th April 2007 (venue to be arranged)
Last edited by bpr81a on Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RogerRust
Minor Legend

Post by RogerRust »

Is the meeting 14th MAY as per the top of the post or 14th APRIL as per the bottom line?

This message board is like a family - you can't choose the other members!! But remember engine oil is thicker than water.
millerman
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by millerman »

Web editor

Thanks very much for putting minutes of the last working party on line.
I am vey grateful to working party members for spending time on this subject AND keeping everyone informed
Keep up the good work
wibble_puppy
Minor Legend

Post by wibble_puppy »

RogerRust wrote:Is the meeting 14th MAY as per the top of the post or 14th APRIL as per the bottom line?
April.

I'll be there :D
Welung666
Minor Legend

Post by Welung666 »

So will I and as there's tea I'll bring my soya milk :P

Mr Rocke you have a PM sir ;)
Welung666
Minor Legend

Post by Welung666 »

Just realised there isn't a time!!!!! Anyone know the time???
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

13:30
Welung666
Minor Legend

Post by Welung666 »

Thank you Simon :D
Judge
Minor Legend