Hello there
I am looking for a replacement 803cc engine, mine has blown and with 2 young children and a house to renovate I don’t have many free minutes to rebuild an engine so I need a runner - or certainly near as dammit.
I believe (and someone will tell me) that you could replace the 803 with a 948 without having to change the running gear?
Once I’ve replaced the current unit I will have a spare 803 so should anyone want it for bits/repairs I will be otherwise tripping over it.
Thanks,
Mike
803/948 Engine wanted
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
-
Stebbings21
- Newbie
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2025 5:29 pm
- Location: UK
- MMOC Member: Yes
Re: 803/948 Engine wanted
Good evening I would be keen on taking your old Engine off your hands when you’re ready please give me a message on (07967) 319903. Regards, Stephen.
Re: 803/948 Engine wanted
Mike
Where abouts in UK are you based?
T
Where abouts in UK are you based?
T
Re: 803/948 Engine wanted
Hi there
East/North Yorkshire. Work a lot in south Lincs.
Cheers,
Mike
East/North Yorkshire. Work a lot in south Lincs.
Cheers,
Mike
Re: 803/948 Engine wanted
Certainly will Stephen, thanks.Stebbings21 wrote: ↑Wed May 06, 2026 8:56 pm Good evening I would be keen on taking your old Engine off your hands when you’re ready please give me a message on (07967) 319903. Regards, Stephen.
Mike
-
bobthetiler
- Newbie
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:38 pm
- MMOC Member: Yes
Re: 803/948 Engine wanted
Bit late in the day but, are you sorted now...?
P>S> I'm near Tadcaster.
P>S> I'm near Tadcaster.
Re: 803/948 Engine wanted
Afternoon - no i'm not! Between work and v young children it's slipped off my agenda. Ping me a message if you've something suitable.
thanks
mike
thanks
mike
Re: 803/948 Engine wanted
Hello Mike,
I have an 803 engine removed a few years ago in a running condition.
It is a complete engine with manifold, carburettor, dynamo, distributor (and oil!). It has been kept under cover.
I would accept £250. I am in north London.
Kind regards,
Robert
07957196731
I have an 803 engine removed a few years ago in a running condition.
It is a complete engine with manifold, carburettor, dynamo, distributor (and oil!). It has been kept under cover.
I would accept £250. I am in north London.
Kind regards,
Robert
07957196731
Re: 803/948 Engine wanted
Saw this on Facebook MMOC may be of interest to you?
Simon Machin
All-star contributor
· a day ago ·
FOR SALE
Morris minor 803cc engine and gearbox
The engine is a BMC gold seal engine and comes complete with all the auxiliary bit's, I've had the engine running and it sounds good. This will be left in until paid for so people can have a chance to listen to it if they want, once paid for or a deposit paid I will take them out ready for you to collect
Collection is from Dronfield S18
£350 for both
Taupe
Simon Machin
All-star contributor
· a day ago ·
FOR SALE
Morris minor 803cc engine and gearbox
The engine is a BMC gold seal engine and comes complete with all the auxiliary bit's, I've had the engine running and it sounds good. This will be left in until paid for so people can have a chance to listen to it if they want, once paid for or a deposit paid I will take them out ready for you to collect
Collection is from Dronfield S18
£350 for both
Taupe