Please post any problems you are having with the website here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Dryad
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Ad removal?

Post by Dryad »

How do I remove my ad for my '63 4-door Minor in 'Cars for sale'? I've decided not to sell it yet (or maybe not at all!).

geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Ad removal?

Post by geoberni »

Dryad wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 6:33 pm How do I remove my ad for my '63 4-door Minor in 'Cars for sale'? I've decided not to sell it yet (or maybe not at all!).
Can you not Edit it, to say no longer for sale?
If you can't, then contact ' simmitc ' using the Private Message facility on the top right.
Basil the 1955 series II

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I’m not sure if it can be edited. For some long standing reason, apparently not to upset a seller, a reply is not possible, otherwise another post could be added with the required withdrawal message. Personally I think this ‘no reply’ is counterproductive, however that’s the way it is.

geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

les wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:29 pm I’m not sure if it can be edited. For some long standing reason, apparently not to upset a seller, a reply is not possible, otherwise another post could be added with the required withdrawal message. Personally I think this ‘no reply’ is counterproductive, however that’s the way it is.
Hi Les
Yes, I'm aware about the No Reply Rule, seemingly brought in due to previous issues such as time wasting and arguments or similar.
However if you look at the post concerned, dryad appears to have been able to edit the Title of the Post.
Never having used that element of the Message Board, I don't know what other restrictions might apply to posts there. :-?
viewtopic.php?t=77571
Basil the 1955 series II

Dryad
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by Dryad »

geoberni wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:49 pm
However if you look at the post concerned, dryad appears to have been able to edit the Title of the Post.
No, it wasn't me editing the title. There is no way to edit ANY part of posts in the For Sale section after posting it. It must have been done by Admin.

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Oh well, it’s done. Can’t see an issue in the O/P being able to edit their own post though, perhaps it goes hand in glove with the ‘no reply’ restriction.