Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Swampy
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Clutch pedal

Post by Swampy »

Afternoon all got a lot of play in brake pedal and clutch pedal has a lot of travel in it also clutch pedal won't come back up properly im guessing it means new linkage and pedals how hard a job is it at the moment I'm getting it ready for painting so the doors are off and the gearbox tunnel cover so have plenty of room any suggestions please
mowogg
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Clutch pedal

Post by mowogg »

It's relatively straightforwards although expect everything to be siezed up. As you have the gear box cover off I would uncouple the clutch and brakes pedals and remove the main pedal assembly. I found the spacer was rusted on and needed some pursaasion to free off.

It's so much nicer once it's reassembled with new grease etc. I know some install a grease nipple while to thr shaft for improved maintainability
Swampy
Minor Friendly

Post by Swampy »

OK thanks for your help next job on the list of many 👍 regards.
Swampy
Minor Friendly

Post by Swampy »

Thanks for your reply all done what a difference it makes everything came apart really well nothing was seized up new clutch pedal new linkage and new bushes clutch pedal was really worn and corroded and linkage was completely worn out Thanks again for your help. Swampy
mowogg
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by mowogg »

Great to hear it was a successful job