Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
alfie austin
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Moss Manchester (Cheadle, Stockport) Closed Down

Post by alfie austin »

Just been to my local Morris parts supplier and sadly discovered they’d closed down !
(Notice on website states)

Moss Manchester is now permanently closed

Sadly, Moss has had to close our Manchester branch effective December 31, 2022. Covid and Brexit accelerated the trend to online shopping at the expense of our physical locations and Manchester was the most affected.

Thought other local MMOC members might like to know…
exlkrs
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Moss Manchester (Cheadle, Stockport) Closed Down

Post by exlkrs »

Sad day. Used them many many years, in fact back when Barry Stafford was trading part time out of his garage at home! Staff always great and helpful, even the ever curmudgeonly John! Progress, they tell us.
Messin' with Morris (and Austin) for half a century!
BTU268F
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: Moss Manchester (Cheadle, Stockport) Closed Down

Post by BTU268F »

Used them several times when over from Northern Ireland visiting family in Didsbury, have to say always found the staff to be brusk and not particularly helpful. When ringing several weeks before a trip over to order parts and then checking a week later to ensure the parts had arrived in stock before travelling over I always was made to feel that I was disturbing them.

My last visit to them in October 21 I’d ordered over £400 of parts, including a fuel pump for my Wolseley 1500. Having checked all was in stock I called to collect the items. Fuel pump was incorrect, I was accused of ordering the wrong part, then told the pump on my car was the wrong type and that I basically didn’t know what I was talking about.

I had the old pump with me and when they told me that it was an aftermarket part and they had ordered the correct item for my car I politely reminded them the car (1958) had 19k miles from new and the old pump still had the stamped metal tag attached to it identifying it as a high pressure pump and that su pump they were trying to sell me had different pipe connections, pipe orientation and fixing points.

I requested a refund on the entire order and left. I’m surprised they had any customers.