Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
darren1camper
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Alternator conversion and Accuspark Electronic ignition

Post by darren1camper »

1964 Van 10098 was running prior to engine swap. Put a midget 1275 engine in with alternator and accuspark electronic ignition. Can I just confirm where the black and red distributor cables go. Fuel pump works but has a brown/green wire as opposed to a white wire as per manual. How should the regulator box look after alternator conversion. Where do you take the positive wire for the coil and does it need to be earthed. I have no spark what so ever both engines working fine begore swop.
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Alternator conversion and Accuspark Electronic ignition

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
With the Accuspark distributor I believe the black wire connects to the existing distributor wire and the red to the positive side of the coil.
There was a very good article on converting to an alternator in the September / October 2016 issue of Minor Matters (Volume 37 no. 8 ), Technical Tips pages 20 / 21, I used it as a guide to help me convert mine.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)