Power booster/master cylinder

Discuss mechanical problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Brian123
MMOC Member: No

Power booster/master cylinder

Post by Brian123 »

Hi Guys. I'm having a strange problem and I was wondering if any of you have run across. I've installed a power booster and a new master cylinder. I've re routed the brake pipes an it's all set up to be able to use the booster on the front an rear brakes.
Now comes the problem. I keep getting a low brake pedal like as if I have a bad master cylinder. Yes, I have bleed the system many,many times. I have also clamped the front a rear brake hoses an when doing so I've had a high hard pedal.
So you see I'm not too sure what the .... .... is going on.
Can anybody enlighten me as to what's going on please?
Thanks
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Power booster/master cylinder

Post by les »

Shoes adjusted to just scraping the brake drums?

firehor5e
Minor Fan

Post by firehor5e »

leaking wheel cylinder/s?
1968 2 door 1275
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

Could it be that there's air trapped in the servo? You've introduced a high point in the system so that may need bleeding separately. And remember you need to back the hand brake off before you adjust the rear shoes or they could end up being further away from the drums so requiring more pedal movement to reach them.
kennatt
Minor Legend

Post by kennatt »

if you have clamped the brake hoses,and get a hard high pedal then there is NO air in the system and the problem lies within the b rakes drums,either air in the cylinders or more likely mal adjustment.Clamp each hose inturn and you may identify which wheel is causing the problem (Obviously the rear could be either).. Before anyone shouts,if you have the proper hose. clamps you will not damage the hoses. If not use two 50p coins between mole grips to spread the load