F1, not long now......

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
M25VAN
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

F1, not long now......

Post by M25VAN »

:D

There is also a programme on Thursday, missed it Monday, "Guy Martin and his Tyco BMW Superbike take on David Coulthard and a Red Bull RB8 Formula 1 car. " :)
Not sure about F1 Rocks Singapore Live, "A music and motorsport event featuring performances from Beyonce, No Doubt, N*E*R*D, Black Eyed Peas, Simple Minds and ZZ Top". :-?
SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: F1, not long now......

Post by SteveClem »

The whole F1 thing needs sorting out. Less technology and rules. More about driver skill. Give them all identical cars and see who wins?
Won't happen of course because it's no longer a proper sport,just big business. Like football. Cricket going that way too.
Rant over :D
M25VAN
Minor Addict

Post by M25VAN »

All very valid points. :)
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

A high speed procession. :roll: you could take a nap and wake up to find the same order. My suggestion if you want to stay awake----- MotoGP! Those riders don't travel sitting in a comfy chair!

bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

I didn't realise the dreadful Martin was to be involved with the C4 cover of F1.... If so - I won't be able to watch it - can't stand him. And what happened to Jake Humphries who was said to be on the C4 team? He was really good in the past - really knew his facts.
ImageImage
M25VAN
Minor Addict

Post by M25VAN »

Yeah, MotoGP certainly is exciting. Don't worry Mr BMC, I think the Guy Martin programme is part of his Speed series and not the general F1 coverage. Anyway, it could have been worse. He could have been racing against Sebastien Vettel instead of DC. :o
sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

my dad was an F1 marshal back in the day,but i've no interest in it these days..but i am looking forward to the Can-Am series coming to the UK this year 8)
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Post by dalebrignall »

waiting for the bttc that is propper racing , i find f1 boring now
[sig]5641[/sig]
The vast minority
Minor Fan

Post by The vast minority »

Yawn
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

BTTC ? So if you win - you get a weight penalty to make sure you don't win again! And the engines are all set to the exact same max BHP - it's an utter farce. The main skill is in avoiding the 'weight' penalty but still scoring enough points.... :roll: I've even seen a car 'starting' a race from the Pitlane, well behind the others so effectively a clear track - doing one really quick lap (because they have hardly any fuel on board and 'new' tyres - and then 'retiring' .....this gets them Pole position on the next race and no weight penalty....great skill there - I don't think... Sunday's F1 race was pretty good - Ferrari threw it away with their crazy tyre strategy - I thought they were smarter than that, and great to see Hamilton having to battle his way up through the field after his shambolic start. You would think they would practice starts over and over again till it was 'second nature' to them !
ImageImage
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Too many rules and regulations in any of todays racing it kills it for me :(