car clock

Questions about History or requests for information (does anyone know where my car is now?) can go here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
craig12
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

car clock

Post by craig12 »

the previous owner of a morris I have bought (1953) has contacted me as he has some more parts , which he wants me to buy , in with the parts are two clocks , one is wind up and one is electric , both smiths , the electric one has a face the same colour as the speedo in my car , what is this clock worth as he wants me to make him an offer . they are the same size and they fir the glove box lid (so I am told)
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: car clock

Post by irmscher »

Realistically around £80 each I would have thought :) as you have purchased the car off him
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

If he asked for an offer, start low, say £40, if the clock works. He'll then tell you what he wants! :D

irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

Or tell you to P*** O** :lol: :lol:
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

The electric clock was an accessory which replaced the badge in the glove box lid of the Series MM/early SII. Worth having if it still works. A quartz replica was also produced until a few years ago
[sig]3580[/sig]
Paulrh
Minor Friendly

Post by Paulrh »

I have got a 52 mm series. When I bought the Smiths clock was not working. They are very rare in original condition and some people are asking stupid prices. eg one on ebay not working £300.00. if you can get one in original condition and working for under £100.00. then then I would buy it.
PS. After a carful removal, clean and lube mine is now working and keeping better time than our town hall clock.