Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Wesr90
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

NORTH WALES CLUB

Post by Wesr90 »

Hi all! I've had my Minor on the road for a couple of months now and when I attended The Gamekeeper in St Asaph recently there was no one there. My suspicions suggest the club is no more, so I would like any members from the area to get in touch and perhaps we could start a meet up again. Thanks
ASL642
Minor Maniac

Re: NORTH WALES CLUB

Post by ASL642 »

The details in the 2013 Branch Directory for North Wales are : Contact Ron Jones 013five2 7000six8 or Dave Hartley 01four92 6two2235 Meetings 1st Thursday 8pm Ring for details.

You could always contact Sue Cook (Branch Liaison Asst) sue.cook@mmoc.org.uk who may know of any updated information since this was printed.

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
PhilBonneville
Minor Friendly

Post by PhilBonneville »

Hi Wesr90,

Where abouts are you in North Wales? I must admit to not having anything to do with the local branch, St Asaph is a good hour and a half away from me.

Cheers,

Phil.
Wesr90
Minor Friendly

Post by Wesr90 »

I live in Abergele so St Asaph is only about 20 mins away. Whereabouts are you from?
Also thanks for the e-mails, I will give them a message
Mog-nuts
Minor Addict

Post by Mog-nuts »

The annual branch rally at Conway wasn't held this year either :(
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

And I spend most of my time with 5 miles of PhilBonneville... in fact I believe its his/his wifes Traveller I see in the works carpark!

(I have a bit of traveller with me in the car park, which I got from Rhyl this week :oops: )
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
Wesr90
Minor Friendly

Post by Wesr90 »

That's no good! It seems the mini scene has died up here too
PhilBonneville
Minor Friendly

Post by PhilBonneville »

Ah-ha.

And we were thinking the white traveller in the works car park may have been yours Matt. We'll have to find out who's it is. Ours is almond green, and hiding in the garage.

We live in Penrhyndeudraeth, so as I say about an hour and a half from St. Asaph and 50ish miles. Were you out in your car today Wesr, as we passed a white saloon about half four in Glan Conwy?

There seems to be a number of travellers around here. I've seen a beautiful maroon one in Criccieth, there's a black one just up the road and another green one parked at Ty Gwyn on the way to Harlech.

Phil.
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

Mines Maroon B / Green Slime & Rust coloured :oops:
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
Wesr90
Minor Friendly

Post by Wesr90 »

I'm afraid mine isn't white, but here's a picture of it[frame]Image[/frame]
Wesr90
Minor Friendly

Post by Wesr90 »

The St Asaph car show is tomorrow (Sunday 15th) and hopefully there will be some minors there! Pics to follow if I sight any :D
duddlebug
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by duddlebug »

I'm in North Wales too, with a black 1964 traveller. I work at home most of the time, and it's my everyday car, but it's not been used for a couple of months because it's sat in the garage needing some work on the floor. I'm too busy with work to learn to weld (even though I'd really like to and have inherited my dad's welding kit), so I might take the car and panels somewhere very local for fitting. Need to get it back on the road!

Which reminds me that I was going to post some questions in the bodywork section of the messageboard...

I'm between Mold and Denbigh, so not very far from St.Asaph at all. Maybe we could start up meetings again, but somewhere more central, like Llandudno or Conwy?

[frame]Image[/frame]
Wesr90
Minor Friendly

Post by Wesr90 »

That is a really nice traveller! I used to drive along the A541 every weekend a couple of years ago through Mold and on to Wrexham. Yes perhaps we could arrange a meeting place