Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
chuffit
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Newby

Post by chuffit »

Hi all just saying hello, not yet a minor owner but soon hopefully . Looking for a reasonable car to improve gradually really , I do have some workshop facilities but don't want a total basket case . Looking forward to ownership and maybe a show or two in the future
regards Andy

Fairford,Glos
Enjoy life in the slow lane buy a minor
Tilley31
Minor Friendly

Re: Newby

Post by Tilley31 »

Welcome Andy! I'm a newbie too and still on my search for my very first Morris & first car!
Good luck :)

Tilley
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by simmitc »

Indeed, welcome both. Not sure where you are located, but plenty coming up that you can attend with or without a Minor. Traveller celebration at Gaydon, NEC Classic Car Show, and local branch events. Full details in "Minor Matters".
chuffit
Minor Friendly

Re: Newbycars

Post by chuffit »

Sorry should have said i'm from Gloucestershire near Cirencester . Any leads to cars for sale would be appreciated or indeed any pointers to look out for .

Fairford,Glos
darren1camper
Minor Friendly

Post by darren1camper »

Welcome, you will find the members of great help and I am sure one or two us will have a spare part lying around.
Juergen
Minor Friendly

Post by Juergen »

Hello alltogether, I am also a newbie in here and I just started this hobby. I live in Germany but haven't got a car yet - but for sure, this will change
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by simmitc »

Cars for sale are listed in the classified section of Minor Matters. The current edition is only a week old, so should still be some available. Also see the for sale section of this forum. If you know what sort you want, then try posting in the wanted section of either MM or forum. Good hunting all.
chuffit
Minor Friendly

Post by chuffit »

Quick update now a minor owner bought this on ebay though it was in the classified on here a while back. Its been parked up for seven years but is reasonably sound considering . Engine was seized from standing but I have now freed it off after soaking for a week. To be honest don't know if i'm going to preserve it and mot/use , or to really tidy it up and use , will probably know more about that when I drive it on the road :D[frame]Image[/frame]

Fairford,Glos