Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Alex'n'Ane
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Hi

Post by Alex'n'Ane »

I saw it too, hence stating it was an hs4.. And this is just a well uprated car, making it more useable everyday. Non of the modifications listed so far are that unusual tbh, so i cant see sourcing parts being an issue! This happens on all cars though, as 'transition models' had a random mix of parts straight from the factory! Whatever bits they had lying around!
___Anne___

Tamsin
Minor Friendly

Post by Tamsin »

1098cc Morris (Rather than Austin) Engine, with HS4 Carb.
Toyota T50 5 speed Gearbox
Servo Assisted Marina Discs

Looks like a standard rear axle...
1968 Maroon 2 Door
randomafterthought
Minor Friendly

Post by randomafterthought »

A final thank you to all for the information and warm welcome - I know where I stand with her a bit better now. Next stop - haynes manual. I'm off to wash and polish her now for our trip to Purbeck tomorrow. With any luck, it will even up the paintwork a bit (not holding out a lot of hope. A respray is in order, but not back to her original Almond Green - liking the red too much).

No doubt I will be posting again soon, hopefully with nothing too newbie-ish :).

David
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

I've got a front bumper iron here, it's yours if you want it. It's in Bexley though but if you know someone near or get down this way------

randomafterthought
Minor Friendly

Post by randomafterthought »

les wrote:I've got a front bumper iron here, it's yours if you want it. It's in Bexley though but if you know someone near or get down this way------
Cheers for the offer, Les. Greatly appreciated. We're still trying to decide which way we want to go with her. We've grown quite fond of her unique look. A front bumper remains a definite maybe, rear bumper will not be easy due to the lights. Bexley is a bit of a trek from here (near Swindon), but if we decide we are going to put one on the front we'll give you a shout to see if you still have it.

We took her down to Purbeck Rally in Dorset yesterday to meet up with a friend who was exhibiting her traveller. Between Gertrude and the Dog (Harlequin Great Dane), we drew a lot of positive attention - and that was just in the car park :). One person came out of the show and across the entire car park to see her (Gertrude) as she stood out so much.

Out latest thinking is to tidy her up in the first instance (she really does need a fresh lick of paint, which will likely be a bare metal respray), the front seats either replaced with originals or re-covered and general removal of the faux-leather on the door cards and across the front of the dash. If I do a good enough job, I may be allowed a traveller for a more challenging project :).

David.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

No problem, guessed it would be too far.
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

Nice to see a Pembrokeshire number plate.