Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
RobThomas
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Time to go.

Post by RobThomas »

It seems that I have been reported as having made posts including "Personal abuse" against other users of this site. This was unsettling news to me. Having asked for clarification and having received none I am left to assume that I am viewed as having been guilty of such an act. I will continue to browse and may offer my support through private messages without any rudeness or judgement of the opinions of others, as I hope it has always been, but I am unlikely to openly participate as I have done for many years.

I came here to learn, to share and to assist but I feel unable to share my experience and knowledge with those who might have such a dim view of the efforts I have made to further the aims of this forum. If anyone wishes to converse with me then I will be more than happy to read any PMs.

I would ask that no further posts be added to this thread.
Cardiff, UK
lowride stepside
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Time to go.

Post by lowride stepside »

I only come on here to heckle and banter, tho i have had some post's edited and possibly one deleted .
Sorry couldn't help myself
speed not tweed
kingzdjc

Post by kingzdjc »

Hi there,

this is sad news, and at the very least it should be pointed out to you what you said wrong.

Im not sure in your case, but personally, its sometimes the way we write things on this forum or any forum for that matter, that can come across different to how we intended it to be put.

Its also easy to get drawn into a debate that can become heated (yes ive been involved in a few) :oops: , and it can become something completley off topic, and come across as negative to others.

I dont know what you did, but I would again ask for clarification for what it is you supposedly did wrong.

If you did write something that could/has caused offense to others, then realise that EVERYONE makes mistakes.

But please dont let this incident put you off from taking part in the forum.

Find out what it is you did/write, realise everyone makes mistakes, move on, and carry on taking part in the forum! :D
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

guilty till proven innocent ............ :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

got to be wrong................... :o

just like a lot of people today no back bone ,no proportion I :"omg I feel offended" grow up and ..............

over a thousand posts and no explanation ..........poor show moderators
makes me feel as if I could be next...........................................any one could complain for no reason ........... :( :( :(

every body deserves an explanation,goes against natural justice not to be given one ................. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

do I want to belong to a site that treats people like this :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
Cheers Alex
all thoughts are given in good faith but..." You pays your money and takes your choice"

[/color]
lowride stepside
Minor Fan

Post by lowride stepside »

YEAH er no mmmmm
speed not tweed
kingzdjc

Post by kingzdjc »

I sent him a PM, asking him to ask LousieM, as she's always been pretty prompt in sorting out problems etc.
brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

I've sent Rob a pm too. I'd like to share it with the forum too but, respecting his view earlier, I have asked him to allow me to post it. Have to agree with 'kingzdjc' - much of what was said in the first post is what I would say too! :-?

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I notice Rob has deleted all his replies in the topic--'rear hubs, bearings and gaskets' so I guess that has something to do with it.
kingzdjc

Post by kingzdjc »

les wrote:I notice Rob has deleted all his replies in the topic--'rear hubs, bearings and gaskets' so I guess that has something to do with it.
I noticed that too. Though it could have been the moderators that removed them.

They should at least have the decency to to explain to him about all of this.
JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend

Post by JOWETTJAVELIN »

I think Alex - lambrettalad - sums up nicely. Unfortunately the trouble with the internet is that people are more likely to say things which they would not in a face to face conversation. Although in this case it's hard to see what the OP has done wrong. Doubly strange when he has been a member for so long with 1100 posts. Infuriating when no explanation is given and an anonymous person can rat on you. If abuse genuinely takes place it should of course be halted.

But as Alex says you just gotta get up, dust yourself off and carry on.
Dean
Minor Legend

Post by Dean »

:(

Come back Rob
My Minor:
A Clarendon Grey 1953 4 Door Series II.
MMOC - 66535

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

In the absence of information rumours start, like this one :D The clues so far suggest the reporter is not that anonymous, if you get my drift! Or am I making 5.
bpr81a
Minor Legend

Post by bpr81a »

I see no one took any notice of the request not to add anything more to the thread.

Just for clarification, I have not seen any reports about Rob's posts. Nether have I had any requests for him for clarification.

Rob's post was a 19:30. It is now 22:30. Given that we moderators and administrators don't spend evey waking minute on here, I think 3 hours is a little premature for 'no explanation' and similar comments. I have not deleted any of Rob's posts, and I'm sure that no moderator would without notifying the poster of the reason.
guilty till proven innocent ............ :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

got to be wrong................... :o

just like a lot of people today no back bone ,no proportion I :"omg I feel offended" grow up and ..............

over a thousand posts and no explanation ..........poor show moderators
makes me feel as if I could be next...........................................any one could complain for no reason ........... :( :( :(

every body deserves an explanation,goes against natural justice not to be given one ................. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

do I want to belong to a site that treats people like this :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
That post is inaccurate and totally uncalled for.

As Rob asked for no further comments on this thread, I have locked it.

Jon Rocke
bpr81a
Minor Legend

Update

Post by bpr81a »

It appears that Rob raised a report on my closing post on the 'hubs' thread, which none of the moderating team had seen.

He asked me to confirm that it was not his posts that had been editted, as he was concerned that people might think we had removed his posts (which he removed himself) as being abusive.

I am happy to confirm that it was not Rob's posts that were editted, and none of his posts were deleted by the moderators.

As an aside, can I ask that if posters want to contact moderators, a PM is much more reliable than a report on a locked thread

Jon Rocke