1972 Pick-Up Restoration

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Oddball67
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

1972 Pick-Up Restoration

Post by Oddball67 »

I've enjoyed reading many articles about ongoinf restorations and, like many LCV owners followed the thread of David Miles Pick-Up restoration with great interest.

I don't have the capability to restore bodywork, although I'd love to learn, I therefore have no option but to ship my pick-up to a professional restorer. It's been there over 12 months now as the company, in order to keep costs minimum are completing it as more of a fill in job.
In the meantime I've been purchasing parts, panels, new original chassis (find of my restoration :D ) and other things to get this late Pick-Up back on the road.

Money I've spent so far could easily buy me a new Previously Restored Pick-Up but, there's nothing like putting your own stamp on a project.

So, thought I post some pictures of the early stages of this restoration. It's moved on since these were taken but, may keep you amused.[frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame][frame]Image[/frame]
davidmiles
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: 1972 Pick-Up Restoration

Post by davidmiles »

crikey, that looks very restorable, I'll watch your progress with great interest, good luck and keep us updated, hopefully with images as good as these, please.
smile, you never know, you might be winning.[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2ro3j37.jpg[/IMG]