Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
HotRod
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: National Rally photos

Post by HotRod »

kingzdjc wrote:
HotRod wrote:Where did I say "easy"? :-?
I'd gladly chop any car if I thought it was a good candidate, a mog is

In other words, easy. Your just tyring to nit pick now, which aint cool.
EXACTLY, you twisted that to say "EASY" a good candidate is a car which would make a good hotrod or custom job, ie a good looking car not an "easy to chop up car" where do you get your strange interpretations from? and your carefully selected sentence goes on to say "a mog is and a ford pop is too!
Last edited by HotRod on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drive it like you stole it!
kingzdjc

Post by kingzdjc »

HotRod wrote:
kingzdjc wrote:
Dean wrote:All I can say is with all the testosterone and passion for all thing Minors flying around.. the little luvable moggy in whatever form will be around for a long time yet. :D
Well I hope so. But with 'Hotrod' here, if he gets his or her way, they'll see every Minor with a roof chop, flared wheel arches and painted some psychedelic colour!

With an original, standard Minor staring out from a museum window!
I have already stated I like the standard car, I was referring to 30s & 40s fords being so rare that they belong in museums "safe n sound" not every classic car on earth, why do you take everything so literally, do you only see black n white? would you like me to write a list of cars I like in standard form? that could take some time, there are some lovely standard mogs out there, I would never chop a good one, I just did up a standard traveller with alternator and headlight mods only, so I'm not the monster you seem to be painting me as. Stop taking everything I say and twisting it into something negative.
Im calling a truce, because we obviously have different ideas, and we aint going to agree :D
And Im tired of arguing now. In fact, I have found myself glued to the screen waiting for a reply haha, sad really.

But I also like some modified Minors, so dont take it like I hate all modified Minors, because I dont.
chesney
Minor Legend
Location: Le Tronquay, nr Bayeux, en France - Pop in for a cuppa!

Post by chesney »

Crikey, has it stopped yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:
theminorsite
Minor Fan

Post by theminorsite »

kingzdjc wrote:
(Look what happened to some of the old 30s Fords, ie the Ford model B, the V8. Its next to impossible to get hold of a standard one, nearly everyone in existance now has a 'roof chop' or has been made into a 'hotrod'.) Fantastic! Customising cars has been going on for as long as cars have been in existance, so each has it's own place and each has it's own equal right to exist!
No not fantastic, its a crying shame actually. What were great cars in their day, like the ford V8, the first afordable V8 to go into a mass produced car, are now such a rarity, such examples can only really be found in museums.

Someone mentioned about they customise their caar because they aint a sheep? But guess what, in the end, when everyone wants a 'custom' look car, you do become one of the sheep, and those who keep their cars original, like the old Fords, are not following the flock.

It looks like I am outnumbered, but that is only because the people on this particular thread have customised their Minors in some way, so of course are going to be biased.
Personally, if you want to customise your Minor, then thats of course up to you, and I am not disagreeing that there aint any interesting examples out there. But note that the people who are true lovers of Minors dont customise their car. Purely because when you do customise, you take away the feel and spirit of the Original car.

True Minor fans love their Minor the way it was built, and the way it was intended, which wasnt doing 90 on a motorway, or by putting in a diesal engine capable of doing 50mpg.
I've never come across such ill-informed and skewed claptrap in all my time online. I even took the time to painstakingly reply to your previous post, carefully explaining just why your idea about modified Minors somehow damaging standard Minors was wrong. I note that you've failed to even acknowledge that reply, so patently you don't want a rational debate on the subject and are just looking for a platform to voice your distorted viewpoint.

I do 9000+ miles a year in my Minor, and use it almost every day. I'm not the bloke who keeps it in the garage and only takes it to the local show once a year. I take my car to rallies all over the UK, and into Europe too. I also help organise rallies, set up before people come, clear up after they go home, and help in the organisation of the Minors On Tour trip too (plus handle their website). I took my car at my own expense to the NEC to help promote the marque. For anyone to suggest that I'm not a true enthusiast of Minors just because I happen to have a modified example is frankly ludicrous, and would be comical if it weren't so offensive.

I'm not going to take offence though, because its clear that your blinkers don't allow you to know any better. Fortunately, I can tell you that such old-fashioned views are the exception rather than the rule, in my experience anyway. The true enthusiast embraces the car in all its forms, and enjoys the company of other owners regardless of whether they have an alternator or a distributor.
Mike
http://www.TheMinorSite.co.uk
Modified Best Engine Bay - Kelmarsh National Rally 2012
1st Place Modified - Kelmarsh National Rally 2012 woohoo!
theminorsite
Minor Fan

Post by theminorsite »

kingzdjc wrote:
jagnut66 wrote:If you find other peoples cars so offensive why did you go?
Thats a silly thing to say. If you read the rest of this thread, it started off by inquiring when does a car become a different car due to the amount of modifications.
Thats how we got to this.

Also, do you not think the person claiming cars in their original condition should belong in museums offensive, I certaintly do!

In fact, no one hates Minors more than those who customise them! They hate the original car that much, they want to tear them apart and make them into something else entirely.

Again, youve posted this without actually reading the rest of the thread.
Stop posting now. You're not only making yourself look a little silly, you're massively damaging the club you're posting about.
Mike
http://www.TheMinorSite.co.uk
Modified Best Engine Bay - Kelmarsh National Rally 2012
1st Place Modified - Kelmarsh National Rally 2012 woohoo!
kingzdjc

Post by kingzdjc »

theminorsite wrote:
kingzdjc wrote:
jagnut66 wrote:If you find other peoples cars so offensive why did you go?
Thats a silly thing to say. If you read the rest of this thread, it started off by inquiring when does a car become a different car due to the amount of modifications.
Thats how we got to this.

Also, do you not think the person claiming cars in their original condition should belong in museums offensive, I certaintly do!

In fact, no one hates Minors more than those who customise them! They hate the original car that much, they want to tear them apart and make them into something else entirely.

Again, youve posted this without actually reading the rest of the thread.
Stop posting now. You're not only making yourself look a little silly, you're massively damaging the club you're posting about.
To be honest, just shut up! You have hardly been active in this conversation, and if you read my previous post, I said I accept we all have our differences.

YES, I wasnt going to reply to this thread again, and hoped that my previous post would call some sort of truce as we cannot seem to agree. BUT then you crawl out, and post things against me! Please dont bother relying to a thread you have very little part in.

If you have modified your minor to the extent of some of these guys, where the original soul of the car has been taken away, I cannot see how you 'love' minors so much.

HOWEVER, if you have modified the car where its feel etc is still intact, then that is fine, AS I HAVE STATED PREVIOUSLY.

PLEASE, TAKE PART IN A DEBATE, BUT DONT POST SOME CLAPTRAP AT THE END OF ONE, JUST TO START AN ARGUMENT AGAIN.

DAMAGING THE CLUB??? GET A LIFE. HOW??? OTHER COMMENTS MADE HERE HAVE TOOK A DISLIKE TO MEMBERS WHO KEEP THEIR CARS ORIGNIAL, SO I FIND THAT DAMAGING THE CLUB.

IF YOU REPLY AGAIN, POSTING SOMETHING THAT IS GOING TO CAUSE FRICTION, AND SOMETHING THAT YOU WERE NOT APART OF, THEN ILL JUST REPORT IT, IN THE HOPE TO GET THIS THREAD LOCKED.

ITS people like yourself that cause tensions, because what you do is sit back, read a debate, then pick a side (no doubt the modifiers, as you have obviously modified your own Minor, so your biased), then post something negative to another forum user.
That is a form of bullying, so I suggest you just stop.

OF course your going to take the sides of the likes of 'hotrod' because you have chosen to ruin the originality of your Minor too.
Thats fine, just stop having a go at someone who disagrees.

I am also not the only with my views, as some other posts on this thread agree with me. Its just a matter of opinion. Next time, join in a discussion, instead of drumming up friction at the end of one!
Last edited by kingzdjc on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HotRod
Minor Friendly

Post by HotRod »

Actually Mike has been involved in this discussion and has every right to speak his mind, you on the other hand are argumentative, critical and down right insulting, "the likes of hotrod"? what's that supposed to mean, sounds derogitory to me, if anyone should shut up and get a life it's you with your ridiculous ideas and poor attempts at manipulation.
Last edited by HotRod on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingzdjc

Post by kingzdjc »

HotRod wrote:Actually he has been involved in this discussion and has every right to speak his mind, you on the other hand are argumentative, critical and down right insulting, "the likes of hotrod"? what's that supposed to mean, sounds derogitory to me, if anyone should shut up and get a life it's you with your ridiculous ideas and poor attempts at manipulation.
Insulting??? How exactly. I find you insulting.

Ridiculous ideas, no, now cars with roof chops, poor welding, and bad paint jobs are ridiculous ideas of how a car should be.

IT shows what type of person you are when I called a truce, accepted both sides have different ideas, and YOU STILL want to offend people???
Im calling a truce, because we obviously have different ideas, and we aint going to agree
And Im tired of arguing now. In fact, I have found myself glued to the screen waiting for a reply haha, sad really.

But I also like some modified Minors, so dont take it like I hate all modified Minors, because I dont.kingzdjc
Minor Fan
THIS IS WHAT I PUT EARLIER, BEFORE THE OTHER USER POSTED A NEGATIVE POST. I SUGGEST YOU READ THE THREAD , NOT JUST THE PREVIOUS POST.

I HAVE TRIED TO PUT THIS DEBATE BEHIND US, BUT ITS STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH
Last edited by kingzdjc on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HotRod
Minor Friendly

Post by HotRod »

Now you just made a judgement on welding, an uninformed judgement, not only have you not seen the welding but the guy who does the welding is a multi award winning expert and he's also my brother so there's no way on earth he would risk my life with dodgy welding and it's a 350 amp 3 phase mig not some toy mig from halfords! Any more insults? and as for facilities it's all done in a fully equipped workshop with a 2 post lift etc not on the front lawn at home!
Last edited by HotRod on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingzdjc

Post by kingzdjc »

HotRod wrote:Now you just made a judgement on welding, an uninformed judgement, not only have you not seen the welding but the guy who does the welding is a multi award winning expert and he's also my brother so there's no way on earth he would risk my life with dodgy welding and it's a 350 amp 3 phase mig not some toy mig from halfords! Any more insults?
DID I EVEN SAY IT WAS YOUR CAR WITH BAD WELDING??? NO

Your not only biased, but also related to other users. Great, see how I am outnumbered :D

IN fact, a comment was made on the poor engineering by another user earlier in the thread. Which again, you probably didnt read. Please read the above post.
HotRod
Minor Friendly

Post by HotRod »

kingzdjc wrote:[quote="HotRod"]Actually he has been involved in this discussion and has every right to speak his mind, you on the other hand are argumentative, critical and down right insulting, "the likes of hotrod"? what's that supposed to mean, sounds derogitory to me, if anyone should shut up and get a life it's you with your ridiculous ideas and poor attempts at manipulation.

Ridiculous ideas, no, now cars with roof chops, poor welding, and bad paint jobs are ridiculous ideas of how a car should be.

IT shows what type of person you are when I called a truce, accepted both sides have different ideas, and YOU STILL want to offend people???
Im calling a truce, because we obviously have different ideas, and we aint going to agree

But I also like some modified Minors, so dont take it like I hate all modified Minors, because I dont.kingzdjc
Minor Fan
THIS IS WHAT I PUT EARLIER, BEFORE THE OTHER USER POSTED A NEGATIVE POST. I SUGGEST YOU READ THE THREAD , NOT JUST THE PREVIOUS POST.

I HAVE TRIED TO PUT THIS DEBATE BEHIND US, BUT ITS STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH[/quote][/quote]
kingzdjc

Post by kingzdjc »

HotRod wrote:
kingzdjc wrote:[quote="HotRod"]Actually he has been involved in this discussion and has every right to speak his mind, you on the other hand are argumentative, critical and down right insulting, "the likes of hotrod"? what's that supposed to mean, sounds derogitory to me, if anyone should shut up and get a life it's you with your ridiculous ideas and poor attempts at manipulation.

Minor Fan

I HAVE TRIED TO PUT THIS DEBATE BEHIND US, BUT ITS STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH
[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

I meant poor welding as a general term. Not on all cars, not on your car, but I used it as a general term. Like roof chop, not every modified Minor has a roof job.

Stop taking everything personally.

I DID NOT SAY IT WAS YOUR CAR WITH POOR WELDING. IF IT CAME ACROSS LIKE THAT, THEN I APOLOGISE, NOW MOVE ON.
kingzdjc

Post by kingzdjc »

ASKED FOR THREAD TO BE LOCKED, AS THIS IS JUST GETTING OUT OF HAND.

WE OBVIOUSLY HAVE DIFFERENT VIEWS, AND OBVIOUSLY CANNOT AND WILL NEVER PROBABLY AGREE.

END OF DISCUSSION.
badobsession
Minor Fan

Post by badobsession »

kingzdjc you are not making very many friends by saying guys that modify / customise the minor hate it so much that is why they do it. Why would we spend more money than we will ever get back on a car we hate ???

i have been involved with the Morris minor club for 30+ and all that time i have had custom minors
i am now chairman of the scottish branch and to tell me that i hate Morris minors is very insulting .......

I am very proud of my morris ......and there are a grate number of pictures of it on this and other sites .

Are you proud of your car ??? Post a picture up .....and let others see what you drive .

SCOTTISH BRANCH CHAIRMAN .
HotRod
Minor Friendly

Post by HotRod »

Now I've finished eating I will explain just how far out of your league you are, I am an ex cosworth engineer, I worked on many performance / race cars including the metro 6r4 which was later banned for being too powerful, I worked restoring classic jaguars including D type , E type, Mk2 and shelby versions, I worked for March racing in Formula 1, I was heavily involved in the Leyton House march which came 2nd in the Portugese Grand Prix beating the late Ayrton Senna in 3rd place, I am a fully qualified vehicular structural engineer and motor mechanic and like I said previously my brother is an award winning welder. do you really want to argue with me over build quality? Nuff said
kingzdjc

Post by kingzdjc »

badobsession wrote:kingzdjc you are not making very many friends by saying guys that modify / customise the minor hate it so much that is why they do it. Why would we spend more money than we will ever get back on a car we hate ???

i have been involved with the Morris minor club for 30+ and all that time i have had custom minors
i am now chairman of the scottish branch and to tell me that i hate Morris minors is very insulting .......

I am very proud of my morris ......and there are a grate number of pictures of it on this and other sites .

Are you proud of your car ??? Post a picture up .....and let others see what you drive .

Hate was wrong, I apologise. Just maybe dislike the way the original Morris was intended to be, therefore thats why you customise them.

No problem with that, just not my cuppa tea.
kingzdjc

Post by kingzdjc »

HotRod wrote:Now I've finished eating I will explain just how far out of your league you are, I am an ex cosworth engineer, I worked on many performance / race cars including the metro 6r4 which was later banned for being too powerful, I worked restoring classic jaguars including D type , E type, Mk2 and shelby versions, I worked for March racing in Formula 1, I was heavily involved in the Leyton House march which came 2nd in the Portugese Grand Prix beating the late Ayrton Senna in 3rd place, I am a fully qualified vehicular structural engineer and motor mechanic and like I said previously my brother is an award winning welder. do you really want to argue with me over build quality? Nuff said

AGAIN, you aint read my previous posts. I wasnt claiming your car had bad welding, just some of the modified Minors Ive seen before have not been that well built.
HotRod
Minor Friendly

Post by HotRod »

reverse gear selected :lol:
kingzdjc

Post by kingzdjc »

HotRod wrote:reverse gear selected :lol:
Look, I wasnt offending your welding, just some welding Ive seen on other modified Minors, which has been shocking. When I said bad welding, I was using it as a generic term.

Ive never even seen your car.
bpr81a
Minor Legend

Post by bpr81a »

This thread is titled 'National Rally Photos.

Shall we get back on topic?

Jon Rocke