Wills budget Project-1963 Minor 659 FBE

Let us all know what you are up to with your current restoration project. Get that Minor on the road!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
youngcamper
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Wills budget Project-1963 Minor 659 FBE

Post by youngcamper »

With my future daily project Lily slowly drawing to a close I guess its time to start a thread for the new project:
Unlike Lily she will be done up completely stock with the only modification being Halogen Headlights, indicators and a high level brake light.

I introduce to you Phoebe a 1963 one year only Minor, having clap hand wipers without traficators but with early sight lights and dash. She was last on the road in 1978 and was driven by one owner, the second owner bought her and took her apart. After 33 years of storage and £350.48 became mine in January.

Most of the welding required has already been done leaving me to a few small patches to do. She’s only done 40,000 miles and her interior is in very good condition as a result, it still has many original features such as the dealership sticker and a maps light.

If I’m honest the paintwork on the wings isn’t great so I may get some matched up and re-spray them.

She has got most of the parts required in various boxes but a quick list of parts required is as follows:

-Carpet set

-Exhaust

-O/S sill Cover.

-And possibly some door seals and parcel shelf rail cover(depending if I can fix the old one)

As I am doing this on a budget I will add up the total spend as I go, lets see how little I can do it for.

Total spend so far : £350.48
Last edited by youngcamper on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will
ImageImageImage
________1967-Lily________________________1963-Phoebe_______________________1965-Dobby_________
gazzcross
Minor Friendly

Re: Will budget Project 1963 Minor 659 FBE

Post by gazzcross »

I must say that looks like you got a great buy, mine was twice the cost with probably 5x as much welding needed. Are you keeping it the same colour? or doing something exotic :D
the total spend is really good idea and will be quite interesting to see what happens, don't forget labour costs :lol:
Good luck with the rebuild
Engineers have 3 special tools that can fix anything - WD40, Big hammer and ductape ;)
check out Bugsy - http://www.flickr.com/photos/61652622@N04/?saved=1
youngcamper
Minor Fan

Re: Will budget Project 1963 Minor 659 FBE

Post by youngcamper »

thanks gazz,

I have to agree it was a rather good buy, my other project lily cost about the same but has need so much welding. I will be keeping her pretty standard, she is so original and I rather like Rose taupe anyway :)
Will
ImageImageImage
________1967-Lily________________________1963-Phoebe_______________________1965-Dobby_________
chrisd87
Minor Addict

Re: Wills budget Project-1963 Minor 659 FBE

Post by chrisd87 »

From what I can see, looks very good for the money! Good luck with the project.

Nice Land Rover :D. My SIII's going to be my next project now that my bike is on the road.
[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/chrisd87/DSC00749.jpg[/img][img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/chrisd87/med_gallery_128_45_1416415.jpg[/img]
Sarah - 1970 Minor 1000 2-dr
Maggie - 1969 Minor 1000 4-dr
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

Looks a great project :D
youngcamper
Minor Fan

Post by youngcamper »

Sadly my other project Lily is taking much longer than hoped, as a result I have not yet been able to do any work on Phoebe. Hopefully I will start work before the new year.

The current plan is to get the car bolted back together and give it a good clean up. Then I'll be able to decide on the areas of the paintwork that need attention. I have decided to go down the completely stock route (bar the alternator already fitted and halogen headlights ) I am really itching to get started on this.

Cheers,

Will
Will
ImageImageImage