Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
lottieisdamned
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

insurance with members discount- HELP

Post by lottieisdamned »

My moggy is currently waiting to be restored and ive had to go out and buy a modern car, and was wondering whether anyone knows of any insurers that will offer a discount to owners club members on a modern car policy?? ive already tried footman james who do offer this but unfortuantly im too young to be accepted, even though i am covered with them for my Moggy.
thanks Lottie x
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Re: insurance with members discount- HELP

Post by bmcecosse »

The 'discount' with FJ for MMOC Ownership has been proved to be non-existant! However it may be the only way to get insurance for your car if 'under age' - since that part of the special deal does seem to work. Disappointing they won't allow you to add-on another car. You could try RH for insurance - they have been getting good press lately for Minor Insurance (much lower than FJ) and they do insure 'normal' cars too - although I have no idea what age limits apply.
ImageImage
Truediamond
Minor Friendly

Re: insurance with members discount- HELP

Post by Truediamond »

I had wondered what sort of deal FJ gave and, after insuring a car I bought last year with them , shopped around a bit more in 2010. I had the same experience, FJ were more expensive than competition for the same cover and I'm now with Adrian Flux.
I found that you had to be patient with them setting up the cover as they kept asking for more supplementary information - photos, official valuation & so on.