Headliner Removal

for those with Series MM sidevalve cars produced between September 1948 and February 1953
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
ADO16
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Headliner Removal

Post by ADO16 »

Hi all!

I'm going to remove the headliner on my 51 and it is the original Rexine covered board type and it's real brittle in places, any suggestions how to remove it without damage?
Thanks everybody for your help!!

Steve
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

As the rexine headlining is not available can you leave it in place and work around it using a sheet tucked into the rails to cover it?
[sig]3580[/sig]
beechford
Minor Fan

Post by beechford »

gday Im interested in the answer to this as I have the same problem though already removed rexine.In possesion of vinyl widow blind as new cover,cheers & merry christmas to all
ADO16
Minor Fan

Post by ADO16 »

mike.perry wrote:As the rexine headlining is not available can you leave it in place and work around it using a sheet tucked into the rails to cover it?
To preserve it, yes I think that would be the best case to do. I'm afraid to even try moving it since it's so breakable.

Steve
DAVIDMCCULLOUGH
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by DAVIDMCCULLOUGH »

On my lowlight the middle board which is thin plywood covered with rexine was falling apart, I used this old peice as a pattern and made up a new one. Once the middle board is out the other 2 smaller shaped bits will pull out easily, they are hard board. The lowlight lining is a wool cloth, west of england cloth I believe. I covered mine using a blanket which my parents got as a wedding present!!!

Too many Minors so little time.....