Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
ssnjimb
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

How succesful was our stand at the nec classic car show

Post by ssnjimb »

Hello

How succesful was our stand at the nec classic car show.

E.g How many ticket stubs did we collect.

How many new members joined.

How many renewals (i renewed at the stand)

How much did we take on regalia etc

Jamie
I own a 1974 MG Midget 1275 in Teal Blue "Midget" is what we call him and he is in very good to excellant condition "midget" is a Chrome bumper/Round Wheel arch model.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Good questions! I would have thought the 'Committee' would have posted up that sort of stuff without prompting! :roll:
ImageImage
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

nah afterall it is the mmoc :D :D
ssnjimb
Minor Fan

Post by ssnjimb »

Things like this should be transparent for its paying members.
I own a 1974 MG Midget 1275 in Teal Blue "Midget" is what we call him and he is in very good to excellant condition "midget" is a Chrome bumper/Round Wheel arch model.
stuart_k
Minor Fan

Post by stuart_k »

Ticket stubs? What for? I was at the stand but not asked for my ticket stub. I did sign the visitors book.

mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

I meant to hand in my ticket stub but forgot. Nobody on the stand reminded me. I take it that we didn't win best stand again or we would have all heard about it by now.
Still I enjoyed myself and thanks for all the hard work by all involved.
[sig]3580[/sig]
bpr81a
Minor Legend

Post by bpr81a »

Minor Matters won Best Club Magazine

Jon Rocke
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

So it should as it takes almost 3/4 of the subs total to produce it. Spend this % on the National and we'd be the envy of all clubs and have the event we deserve. The magazine is in my opinion too expensive, we do not need a 'coffee' table production to impart the branch information and articles. Still I suppose that the MMOC were after yet another award rather than produce what represents good value to its members.

Dean
Minor Legend

Post by Dean »

Has anyone ever thought of a downloadable PDF doc, instead of a glossy mag? Anyone wanting the mag still, pays extra for their membership. That should take out the printing and postage costs.
My Minor:
A Clarendon Grey 1953 4 Door Series II.
MMOC - 66535

GAS
Minor Fan

Post by GAS »

Are there any pictures of the club stand
ImageImage
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

It's been debated,Dean, but the MMOC seem to be in the 'dark ages' when it comes to new ideas,communication and ways of imparting information.
I think you are thinking along the right lines re downloadable info, but the mag should not be at extra cost to those who want it. We went down this avenue with 'a free National' when many members complained that as they did not attend the rally they could not see why their subs should benefit those who did.
Simple answer is to increase the subs, but only on the condition that improvements will be noticable, and that as we now have £200,000+ in savings, then we now stop putting away upto 10% of the clubs income into this pointless exercise.We don't need such huge savings especially when there are areas ,such as the National, that are starved of invention and proper funding.

MarkyB
Minor Maniac

Post by MarkyB »

I'm not in the dark ages but would vote to keep the mag.
When I'm eating breakfast and reading it is one of the few times I'm not in front of a PC screen.
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

better the mag was downloadable and then could be put on a disc, saves a lot of space
ssnjimb
Minor Fan

Post by ssnjimb »

How much does the mag cost per issue and how much does it cost for everybody to have one.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

I think the idea proposed was that it would be distributed free 'on line' to members - those who wanted a paper copy would pay extra!
There's an excellent Railway Magazine out there - published more or less weekly - ONLY available online, and free! It obviously survives on advertising revenue just fine !

http://www.railwayherald.org/magazine/p ... sue202.pdf

No reason why the MMOC mag couldn't do likewise.
ImageImage
jonathon
Minor Legend

Post by jonathon »

Sorry I can no longer comment on this topic, having received a PM warning me to stop critising the MMOC. I therefore appologies for any offence that my comments caused.

new_adventures_of_arthur
Minor Fan

Post by new_adventures_of_arthur »

Dean wrote:Has anyone ever thought of a downloadable PDF doc, instead of a glossy mag? Anyone wanting the mag still, pays extra for their membership. That should take out the printing and postage costs.
Hmm, I couldn't read a PDF on the toilet though!! :D
Have now joined the 'cool kids' at [url]http://www.morrisminorowners.co.uk[/url] :wink:
sgray
Minor Fan

Post by sgray »

jonathon wrote: having received a PM warning me to stop critising the MMOC.
Oooh can we see it? a sort if MMOC ASBO.. :lol:

I think a lot of people put a lot of effort in to the stands at the shows - I spent a fab day on the LCV stand - and from the sounds of it lots of people enjoyed visiting us and the MMOC stand.

But I do think there are legitimate questions about how successful the stands were and also about how the club's funds are spent, especially in relation to the magazine. It would be a shame if we couldn't debate these things openly. Feedback is healthy and important for future shows.
1970 Minor 1000 Pickup - Blue
Oxfordshire/Buckinghamshire borders
Oxon & Berks MMOC branch member and webmaster - http://www.bucksinfo.net/mogbox

billlobban
Minor Addict

Post by billlobban »

I think the main problem has been highlighted by Jonathon. Just what are we doing with £200K in the bank? Just what are we saving up for? What do we need this level of reserve for?
:o :evil:
billlobban
Minor Addict

Post by billlobban »

An ASBO for a member expressing his (or her) legitimate concerns. Try looking up the dictionary definition of Club.