Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Sidney'61
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Winter - the drainer of all enthusiasm

Post by Sidney'61 »

I'm sitting here at my computer thinking I really should get myself outside and get working on that moggy. But these cold dark nights are setting in and I suddenly start finding excuses for not bothering to do any work.
I really need to make sure I get some of my paint preparation done before the nice weather (hopefully) sets in, I also need to sort out all the uspension, but I really can't be bothered.

Is anyone else planning to get anything done over these horrible next few months?
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

callyspoy
Minor Legend

Post by callyspoy »

engine rebuild and a respray...oh and a lowlight conversion...nothing much! i have no garage so all is done outside...therefore...all is not getting done!
PSL184
Minor Legend

Post by PSL184 »

Exactly why my new engine ain't fitted yet :-(
[sig]8426[/sig]

Compare the Minors - Simples !! http://mog.myfreeforum.org/index.php
linearaudio

Post by linearaudio »

Been spraying bits of the MGB. But only when the sun comes out at the right time, like today- lovely from 11am till 3pm. The uprated exhaust/inlet is going on the Moggy later this week, then the 940 head, and I must tie a rope round the tree in the corner of our road and pull the back bumper out again, thanks to white van man. Don't give in to the weather- wrap up warm- its never as bad out there as it looks from the computer!
MGFmad
Minor Fan

Post by MGFmad »

Its been cold some nights in the garage over these past few weeks, even had a fan heater out beside me one night. I am glad I am finished (well near enough) it will only be essential works until spring.
[sig]8143[/sig]
linearaudio

Post by linearaudio »

Course we're a bit nearer the equator here in Essex. Still shirtsleeve weather (cough).
XDB
Minor Fan

Post by XDB »

It's depressing when it starts going dark so early, in fact some days there is very little light. As I made my way back from the garage at 5.15pm I thought back in the summer I would be having a quick 30 minute break then back out until 10 pm. Roll on Spring
motherofgod
Minor Fan

Post by motherofgod »

I've been restoring an E type, I've found doing small jobs then leaving makes more progress, hopefully ready for MOT next week :)

james

alanworland
Minor Legend

Post by alanworland »

Just get out there - you'll be fine!
My looming project is to fit up my new twin carbs and make up the twinned inlet pipes from the air silencer.
croft
Minor Fan

Post by croft »

Strange isnt it, we spend all summer planning our jobs for the winter and then all winter planning what were going to do during the summer! Its a wonder anything ever gets done!
Dean
Minor Legend

Post by Dean »

Needed to cut the boot lid back for my paint match.... so I took it off the car and done it in the kitchen. :)
My Minor:
A Clarendon Grey 1953 4 Door Series II.
MMOC - 66535

tickman
Minor Fan

Post by tickman »

Dean wrote:Needed to cut the boot lid back for my paint match.... so I took it off the car and done it in the kitchen. :)
Great idea..........better make sure I clean the table properly after though :D
[img]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m166/tickman1972/megsperfectphotography-1.jpg[/img]
Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Post by Sidney'61 »

Actually I suppose I could do that. My main job to do is flatting down all the paint work ready for a respray next year. I could do it inside.
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

Cam

Post by Cam »

I have started restoring my '49 lowlight. Stripped to a bare shell and lots of sanding/grinding/welding to keep me busy well into the summer! :lol: :lol:

Also, I have been working for the past few weeks on a friend's 1957 4 door Minor that was welded & painted 10 years ago and never put back together! I am getting it back on the road for next year's rally season! :D
Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Post by Sidney'61 »

I'm hoping to get mine back on the road for the national rally, if not then the MOT-UK.
The big problem will come when I have to take a big break for my exams in May and June :(

wibble_puppy
Minor Legend

Post by wibble_puppy »

Cam wrote:I have started restoring my '49 lowlight. Stripped to a bare shell and lots of sanding/grinding/welding to keep me busy well into the summer!
Fantastic! A project we will all benefit from, given that it's a part of Minor history 8) Obviously you have only to ask... :D

Stig
Minor Addict

Post by Stig »

My job this weekend is to fit the Mini heater I bought months ago so the cold weather's given me the incentive!
alainmoran
Minor Addict

Post by alainmoran »

I've removed my front suspension, just need to get underneath it with an angle grinder/wire brush and finish removing the gunk from the front half & chassis legs, then get it painted with galvanising paint.

Weather isnt looking too promising at the moment though.
Longdog
Minor Fan

Post by Longdog »

Nice job MGF, I had a similar bout of madness last winter on my Traveller.
Fortunately my understanding girlfriend let me varnish the wood in the kitchen which was nicer than the garage :D
[sig]6530[/sig]
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

I'm fortunate that my garage faces due south - so on a clear day it's great. Unfortunately - not many clear days about!
ImageImage