Radio

To share thoughts, ideas and inspirations on the subject of councours, judging and how to restore your Minor to showroom condition
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Onne
MMOC Member: No

Post by Onne »

Ow ok. I won't reach concours, this thread was to ponder about the optional extras. Thanks for the info!

Onne
Onne van der S. MMOCno 60520 Moderator
2dr 1971 White DAF 55 (with hopefully a 1600cc engine soon)
2dr 1973 Bergina (DAF 44)
2dr Estate 1975 DAF 46 in red
2dr saloon 1972 DAF 44 in Mimosa
Judge
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Judge »

Wal wrote:The reason that I said this was my first and unlikely foray into concours is that I am one of the dreaded modders. My car is far from standard any more and certainly not in the concours league. Its only because the car was bought new by my parents that I can add anything, as I've known the car from new.l
Don't worry about it Wal, we have two modifieds in our family, both in everyday use. :roll:

Who's to say you won't reach Concours Onne?
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

What's all this about Modders being 'dreaded'? Nobody told me about that - do I have to resign my membership? :D
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

What's all this about Modders being 'dreaded'?
That's quite often the image they'd like to have... but we can see through it to find most of them are pretty nice guys ;-)
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(
bigginger
Minor Maniac

Post by bigginger »

Awwwwwww, Sweet! :D
Onne

Post by Onne »

Well, concours is a bit hard to achieve. You haven't seen the car.
Looks good and hard, but is starting to rust everywhere, has about a double floor, and had an accident in the past. But for the rest it is ok.
Ow and it has no chassisnumber, other than on the plate
Cam

Post by Cam »

bigginger wrote:What's all this about Modders being 'dreaded'? Nobody told me about that - do I have to resign my membership? :D
Me too and Bill! :lol:

We do like pidgeon-holeing people don't we! :lol: I run a modified car, a bog standard car and hopefully (when I get my finger out) a condition class entry for concours!

The car does not have to be 'perfect' to enter into concours just 'nice'. When my '52 is eventually done, I'd like to think that I would be able to enter it into a concours competition and see what happens. Just for the taking part really, I'm not into winning awards but it would be nice to resurrect a car and get it up to the required standard which for condition class (I think) is do-able! :D
Judge
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Judge »

Cam wrote:
bigginger wrote:What's all this about Modders being 'dreaded'? Nobody told me about that - do I have to resign my membership? :D
Me too and Bill! :lol:

We do like pidgeon-holeing people don't we! :lol: I run a modified car, a bog standard car and hopefully (when I get my finger out) a condition class entry for concours!

The car does not have to be 'perfect' to enter into concours just 'nice'. When my '52 is eventually done, I'd like to think that I would be able to enter it into a concours competition and see what happens. Just for the taking part really, I'm not into winning awards but it would be nice to resurrect a car and get it up to the required standard which for condition class (I think) is do-able! :D
I could not have said it better myself Cam. Concours is open to all, and the car does not need to be of Grand Masters status to enter. If it's in good original standard condition, all you have to do is mark your next Regional/National Rally entry 'Merit Concours' and give it a go. :)
Onne

Post by Onne »

I just might! If I ever finish the MM. Which I am sure I will. I'll try and enter into concourse at the coming national!