Morris Traveler paperwork

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Rousell
MMOC Member: Yes

Morris Traveler paperwork

Post by Rousell »

I have just bought an older traveler and searching through my paperwork I have come across an old V5 for a 1971 blue Morris traveler , registration CIJ 2657 document date 21/06/1995. This is not my vehicle . Does anyone own this vehicle and want this V5 for their history ?
Chief
Minor Addict

Re: Morris Traveler paperwork

Post by Chief »

Interestingly enough when you look up the details for that number:

Built: 1971.
First Registered: 1982 (quite some gap from when it was built)
Date of last V5C issued: 21/06/1995

So you have somehow got the original V5 from the current owner (presuming it isn't in some barn somewhere).
Rousell

Post by Rousell »

Hi Chief , Yes it looks that way, I wonder if it is scrapped ? It would be great if I could pass this to the current owner if only for their files.
I am also wondering what happened to my old Moggy after 1987, which sadly was too rusted underneath to pass an MoT . It was registered as UFX 503 , grey saloon, Is there a way to trace ?
Chief
Minor Addict

Post by Chief »

DVLA still have a record of UFX 503 so it's again possible it's in a barn etc. somewhere (though others have said in the past that record keeping for scrapping cars wasn't so well maintained). The DVLA site says it was last sold (v5c issued) on the 10th September 1990.

Your best bet for both registration numbers you have is to give the club main office a call and ask if either are registered to club members.