Discuss Bodywork problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Chief
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Better than nothing rust treatment?

Post by Chief »

myoldjalopy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:02 pm I only have to walk for 7 minutes to get to my garage. My friends consider me 'ridiculously eccentric' for not having a 'modern' but I'm just not interested :wink:
So what does your vintage garage look like, and how is does it compare to the modern garage your friends want you to get? :D

I think it was wise to invest in a garage even with the 30 minute commute. It's a shame my only option was to have mine open to the elements of a Scottish coast with all the rust that went with it. The only thng I could do was use a cover, which was returned by the people down the street at the next storm and (since it was shredded) never re-fitted.
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Better than nothing rust treatment?

Post by les »

[quote= My friends consider me 'ridiculously eccentric' for not having a 'modern' but I'm just not interested :wink:
[/quote]
Well, for,the first time in my life I bought a new ‘modern’ and don’t regret it. What a pleasure it is to drive something that has everything working and little fear of it breaking down. —— and no need for rust treatment!! The decision to avoid new is your choice, and fair enough. Maybe I just want to move on ! You can have enough of a good thing. :D———-I’ve still got my van, just for the hell of it !!