Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
BaritoneUke
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde

Post by BaritoneUke »

This stuff sounds like it's the biz...anybody used it? I'm quite near the sea (which is nice :D ) and things turn rusty quick, you can almost watch happening...

Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde is a single pack water-based elastomeric coating with unequalled corrosion protection. For easy spray application as well as to provide the same protection as a complicated and more expensive polyurethane systems.
Noxyde has had over 15 years in the highest corrosion class (C5-M), according to ISO 12944. Ultimate corrosion protection, even in the severest of conditions
Key Features
200% elastic coat which does not crack or peel.
It has excellent coverage of nuts, bolts and also welds.
Dry fall: saves preparation as well as clean up time.
Primer and topcoat in one.
UV and also impact-resistant
Apply with a sprayer.
10 Year Guarantee*
simmitc

Re: Rust-Oleum Mathys Noxyde

Post by simmitc »

I have not used it, nor heard anything about it. It sounds too good to be true - I'm intrigued to learn that it's 200% elastic!
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

BaritoneUke
Minor Friendly

Post by BaritoneUke »

simmitc wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:23 pm I have not used it, nor heard anything about it. It sounds too good to be true - I'm intrigued to learn that it's 200% elastic!
Yes simmitc - too good to be true! Except it seems to be rated by industrial users (on steel cladding not cars though). Tempted to try a bit out, it's expensive (https://andrewscoatings.co.uk/shop/meta ... ys-noxyde/) but not as expensive as some of them I've come across. Might try it on the tin roof of my morris fettling shed which has lost most of it's zinc. I've tried using liquid zinc paint but was disappointed. I've since learnt that you have to apply it to fresh, bright steel because steel starts reacting with any moisture in the air immediately and any rust carries on developing under the paint. Usually only factory environments can do it properly.
Classiccars
Minor Addict

Post by Classiccars »

I used a rust preventer with lanolin.Niw everything smells of sheep so this is handy maybe for next year.
BaritoneUke
Minor Friendly

Post by BaritoneUke »

Classiccars wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:31 pm I used a rust preventer with lanolin.Niw everything smells of sheep so this is handy maybe for next year.
And I'm going to use a lanolin based gloop to spray into box sections - I'm told it creeps and displaces moisture and perhaps use this tough stuff on exposed bits. Hopefully the sheep won't mob me when I drive through Llanberis on my way to weekend hill walks :D
Classiccars
Minor Addict

Post by Classiccars »

The spray gun was useless so brushes on.Kerp an eye out for rams.
Classiccars
Minor Addict

Post by Classiccars »

Found my spray useless on large areas so brushed on.Keep an eye out for rams.
BaritoneUke
Minor Friendly

Post by BaritoneUke »

Classiccars wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:00 pm The spray gun was useless so brushes on.Kerp an eye out for rams.
Now that's good advice, I will keep an eye out for any rams. :o
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I’ve used Waxoyl on two restorations with good results, I know it’s been around for a long time but that’s no bad thing. I suppose I’m saying if something works, you stick to it. All manufacturers claim to be the best ! :D

Classiccars
Minor Addict

Post by Classiccars »

Handy to know.
Classiccars
Minor Addict

Post by Classiccars »

Handy to know.
BaritoneUke
Minor Friendly

Post by BaritoneUke »

les wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:18 pm I’ve used Waxoyl on two restorations with good results, I know it’s been around for a long time but that’s no bad thing. I suppose I’m saying if something works, you stick to it. All manufacturers claim to be the best ! :D
worried about welding...doing increasing amounts as the years go by :lol: and some people have apparently started fires. Lanoguard might be similar (my prefered option in box sections) but my experience is it's a bit thinner and doesn't build up as much. But on exposed sections I'm looking for some kind of tough paint. Noxyde looks like it might be it, but only a long trial will tell. :tu1: