Cameras

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
stuffedpike20
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Cameras

Post by stuffedpike20 »

The Grauniad yesterday reported that there was a 30% increase in dashcam recordings submitted to police in 2023 than the previous year; and that the police took action on 70% of the recordings submitted.
I still wish there were more cops on the road catching people red handed.

Good analysis of the 20mph speed limit Blaketon. :tu1:
momo67
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by momo67 »

you can easily find plug and play forward facing dash cam for easy recording mate.
Bill_qaz
Minor Addict

Post by Bill_qaz »

momo67 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:22 am you can easily find plug and play forward facing dash cam for easy recording mate.
As discussed earlier in the thread
Regards Bill
Guildbass
Minor Friendly

Post by Guildbass »

stuffedpike20 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:21 am There are some sayings that I frequently use when I am driving...
'Only a fool brakes the two second rule'.
'The best place for the idiot behind you, is in front of you'.

Anybody got any more?.....
'If you can't see the road in front of a van,
Overtake it as soon as you can,

( I just made that up, but as a lifelong biker, I don't trust any car driver to have the same forward hazard awareness as motorcyclists need so anything I can't see past I get past!)
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

Watch the road ahead, unless you want to be dead!
Guildbass
Minor Friendly

Post by Guildbass »

Blaketon wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:26 pm I have front and rear facing cameras on my bicycle (Following an incident where I had to defend myself against physical assault...successfully I might add) and I fancy that other road users are more aware of such things nowadays, as you don't see quite as many passing within inches, as you once didI used to ride the 12 miles down the B3098 fast B road to Wilton and then Salisbury. I would always try to manage traffic by waving vehicles on when I saw a suitable stretch, but impatient idiots would still on occasion 'buzz' me.

I put a tack hammer in my rear pocket so it was sticking up and quite visible...And never got a 'close encounter' again.

Inevitably the traffic in Wilton slows cars to a crawl and a bicycle rider would often catch them up...And I reckon they figured that out!