Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Pink antifreeze

Post by les »

Long ago I read that OAT was not suitable for our cars, since then it’s been Bluecol and distilled water, for me. Now it appears to be confirmed! End of story !

svenedin
Minor Legend

Post by svenedin »

les wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:59 pm Long ago I read that OAT was not suitable for our cars, since then it’s been Bluecol and distilled water, for me. Now it appears to be confirmed! End of story !
Exactly. There never was a story or any need for these never ending “debates” in the first place.
1969 1098cc Convertible “Xavier” which I have owned since 1989.

Stephen
Bill_qaz
Minor Addict

Post by Bill_qaz »

svenedin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:14 pm
les wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:59 pm Long ago I read that OAT was not suitable for our cars, since then it’s been Bluecol and distilled water, for me. Now it appears to be confirmed! End of story !
Exactly. There never was a story or any need for these never ending “debates” in the first place.
But isn't that what General Discussion is for? Not everybody would of read previous discussions and it was sparked by a genuine question from the op. Not everyone will be aware of the various types IAT, OAT,SOAT etc and many suppliers make statements of suitable for all, but that is the usual marketing BS.
At the end of the day the owner can choose to use whatever they feel is best for their car.
Regards Bill
svenedin
Minor Legend

Post by svenedin »

Bill_qaz wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:39 pm
svenedin wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:14 pm
But isn't that what General Discussion is for? Not everybody would of read previous discussions and it was sparked by a genuine question from the op. Not everyone will be aware of the various types IAT, OAT,SOAT etc and many suppliers make statements of suitable for all, but that is the usual marketing BS.
At the end of the day the owner can choose to use whatever they feel is best for their car.
Yes it is what the forum is for but the forum is searchable and a search would bring up numerous old threads.

Stephen
1969 1098cc Convertible “Xavier” which I have owned since 1989.

Stephen