Canvas Back - Moggy Pickup

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Winnie89
MMOC Member: Yes

Canvas Back - Moggy Pickup

Post by Winnie89 »

Looking for advice, im after purchasing a canvas cover for the rear of a Moggy Pickup.

I am looking for the full cover that fits over the hoops, infact I ideally need all parts hoops included.

I have a pickup that was imported and I have none of the kit for the canvas back so everything is required, the canvas doesn't need to be new if anyone has one available to sell... it can be battered, dirty, anything considered... My pick up is pretty raw and if I can get a used canvas it would work better than a brand new one but... I will purchase a new one if I can't located a second hand one.

Many thanks in advance for any help and guidance in finding one !

Hx
stuffedpike20
Minor Addict

Re: Canvas Back - Moggy Pickup

Post by stuffedpike20 »

The canvas is available from Comptons 2000, Birmingham. Tel 012162255621.
They cost about £400.

If you find a spare old one, can I have it please. :D
ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by ManyMinors »

Don't forget that the canvas cover was an optional extra when the pick-ups were new. They were not fitted to all of them. If your truck didn't have one, it won't have the fittings such as the timber parts across the roof joint which you might also need to obtain as well as the metal hoops, clips etc.
The canvas cover badly restricts visibility and I found on mine that it was much more practical to have a flat cover to keep tools dry and retain decent visibility :wink: Something to think about.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Flat cover option, as ManyMinors said visibility is better. Picture also shows some of the parts needed if you fit the tilt.
IMG_2025.jpeg
IMG_2025.jpeg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 6565 times

Winnie89

Post by Winnie89 »

Many Thanks For Your Responses...

I think looking at my pickup it will be a flat back ill end up with. Thanks for the opinions and guidance, Appreciate all who replied... :D