Got any hints or tips? Share them here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
morris63
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

tyres 145 R14

Post by morris63 »

After doing some research 145/80r14 tyres seem to now be readly available. As well as MSM Morris Minors I found a company "The Blockley Tyre Company" and "North Hants Tyres" have them in stock, however add on Postage and fitting and the price goes up. I got mine from "Blackcirles.com" and the price included fitting at a local tyre shop. Byfar the best value. Hope this helps
olonas
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: tyres 145 R14

Post by olonas »

I used an independent local tyre/exhaust place, last year, to supply and fit 4 x Bridgestones. They had no problem sourcing them. The existing Firestones had been on the wheels for about 16 years and starting to show degredation to the rubber. :roll:
I didn't want someone unfamiliar with Minors, using a jack, so I removed all the wheels myself and transported them there.
Their fitted etc. price was no better or worse than elsewhere, including online sellers.
Bill_qaz
Minor Addict

Post by Bill_qaz »

Just used vintage tyres to supply and fit 4 replacement Camac tyre, took the wheels to them but you can take car if you wish. As well as Beaulieu they have a service branch at Bicester Heritage site. Good service and competitive prices.worth a call.
http://www.vintagetyres.com/
Regards Bill
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

I brought a set of 5 Blockley 145R14 last summer (July, they're still the same price now) for £402 inc shipping and had my preferred local garage fit them for £50 including disposal.
I took all 5 wheels around to him and he called me when he had done them later in the day.
He apologised that he wasn't sure how good the balancing was because the wheels were a bit thin to fit his machine properly; he said come back if they didn't feel right, but I've found them to be a job well done.
Basil the 1955 series II

Bill_qaz
Minor Addict

Post by Bill_qaz »

geoberni wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:38 pm
He apologised that he wasn't sure how good the balancing was because the wheels were a bit thin to fit his machine properly; he said come back if they didn't feel right, but I've found them to be a job well done.
Funny you mention that, when I was there today watching, because minor are not spigot wheels the centre hole is not very accurate and as you say relatively thin , so the normal cone location is not suitable. They had an adaptor that used the wheel bolt holes and this adaptor centres on the machine.
Regards Bill