Got any hints or tips? Share them here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Carder
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Moving Front Seat Back

Post by Carder »

I am 6ft 2” tall and would like to move the front drivers seat slightly back from where it is now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Re: Moving Front Seat Back

Post by philthehill »

There are a series of holes in the floor and to which the seat mounts are secured.
Check as to whether you have any spare holes to the rear of the existing mounts and move rearwards accordingly.

Carder
Minor Friendly

Post by Carder »

Thank Phil for advice.
Bill_qaz
Minor Addict

Post by Bill_qaz »

I was checking mine and although on the rear most mounting holes, found a block of wood under the rear legs tipping the seat forward. With it removed the seat feel much further back. Worth checking the rear is actually on the floor while checking the mounting holes as Phil said. :tu1:
Regards Bill
Boomlander
Minor Legend

Post by Boomlander »

I found that even with the seat tube clamps fitted to the rear most holes I still needed to move the seats back. I repositioned the clamps with their front holes bolted into the rear most threaded floor holes then drilled the floor through the rear clamp holes and fitted bolts from under the car with large thick washers and nyloc nuts from above....
Extra leg room as required and the seats are solid as a rock, as much as you can expect from cars of this era! 😁👍

Bill_qaz
Minor Addict

Post by Bill_qaz »

Boomlander wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:38 pm I found that even with the seat tube clamps fitted to the rear most holes I still needed to move the seats back. I repositioned the clamps with their front holes bolted into the rear most threaded floor holes then drilled the floor through the rear clamp holes and fitted bolts from under the car with large thick washers and nyloc nuts from above....
Extra leg room as required and the seats are solid as a rock, as much as you can expect from cars of this era! 😁👍
We're your seats the adjustable type?
Regards Bill
Boomlander
Minor Legend

Post by Boomlander »

My car was originally fitted with sliding seats that were uncomfortable so I fitted standard seats with rear height adjusters, much better! See my other post Bogus Seats for details. :tu1: