Won’t start Electronic distributor problem?

Discuss other problems here.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Won’t start Electronic distributor problem?

Post by myoldjalopy »

If you read the thread, nowhere does the OP say that the car starts and runs using the starting handle. He merely says there is a spark when cranking on the handle - no mention of it actually running. He actually says "cannot re-start". Even you, Mr. Oliver, have said "It really is a non-starter"! :lol:
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Another thing to consider is the distributor cap, maybe a hairline crack, also the main HT lead from the coil, these items are reasonably priced and if they don’t solve the issue, the parts are a useful back up to carry in the car. Win win !

olonas
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by olonas »

As an aside, and not helpful re the no start, but the battery charging voltage should not exceed 14.2v. I have a positive earth electronic distributor and this was advised on purchase and it's also on the Accuspark website. Exceed that voltage and there's a danger the module will be "fried". It must get hot in use because of the thermal paste requirement when fitting.
I did have to adjust the voltage regulator from it's original 15v to around 14v.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Jonathan wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 7:36 am Help please! I cannot start my 1957 traveller. There is fuel. There is a spark when I turn it over on the handle. There is no spark when I turn it over on the starting motor - I’ve never experienced that combination before. I have 70 miles to get home asap and will need to take my cat!
So all these months later, you haven't come back and updated us on what it was.... or is it still cream cracker'd?
Basil the 1955 series II