Non-Minor but Morris - E-Series

Instead of clogging up posts with off topic discussions, have them here. Keep it clean folks!
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Monty-4
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Non-Minor but Morris - E-Series

Post by Monty-4 »

I wonder if any of the knowledgable folk here have experience of the E-Series in Maxi 1500/1750 and/or Landcrab 2200 form.

I have a Morris 2200, a seized 1750 Maxi engine sitting the garage, and a silly idea of making my 2200 a five speed. Thing is I've undone all the bolts I can see but the sump/transmission won't come off the block, there appear to be (rusted in?) dowels holding the two together. Hitting them very hard hasn't done anything - drill out or grind the two apart? Hesistant to cause irreversible damage!
68' 4-door Saloon, another 'Monty'.
liammonty
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Non-Minor but Morris - E-Series

Post by liammonty »

I can't answer the question you're asking, I'm afraid, but I would LOVE to know how you get on. I've got a Wolseley Six (2200) and have put a Princess engine and diff in it with a slightly higher final drive, but have often wondered if the 5 speed from the 1500/1750 4 cylinder engines could somehow be made to fit... The Six would be lovely with an extra gear...

I've a spare engine and two spare gearboxes (one not attached to an engine) so if any pics would help, let me know.
Monty-4
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Monty-4 »

I'll PM you and we can compare notes!
68' 4-door Saloon, another 'Monty'.
liammonty
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by liammonty »