Important current announcements will appear here
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Frankwalters
MMOC Member: No

History for SUB558G

Post by Frankwalters »

Hi.
Any information you may have on the history of my newly acquired Moggy 1000 would be very much appreciated.

Someone has out lots of time and effort into restoring this beautiful car.
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: History for SUB558G

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
I filled in form V888 and sent it off to the DVLA, requesting my cars registration history. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ehicle.pdf
They sent it back requesting a £5 'admin' fee, which I didn't see specified on the form, just a line mentioning 'the appropriate fee' but not stating what that might be.
Anyway, I sent the form back, with a cheque and a covering letter explaining why I wanted the information. About four weeks later they sent me Sally's registration history. This included all her changes of ownership, partly in the form of a typed list and partly photocopies of documents, all with the names, addresses and postcodes blanked out. They didn't block the postal towns out though, so you can still see where she came from and what the original registration was (if yours has been changed of course).
You can also apply for a heritage certificate for your car. https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/ar ... rtificates
For personal details of it's history you're reliant of previous owners being MMOC members and even that doesn't guarantee that they visit this forum.
You could also try the MMOC Facebook site. Happy hunting.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

I also got the same level of info from DVLA that Mike did, but in my case it was back in 2017, I'm not sure when Mike applied.
But there has been stuff posted here in more recent years that DVLA have tightened the system even further, and now even that level of info is regarded as out of bounds... :roll:
Basil the 1955 series II

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

I'm not sure when Mike applied.
Just before Christmas Berni.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

jagnut66 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:22 pm
I'm not sure when Mike applied.
Just before Christmas Berni.
Best wishes,
Mike.
Good to hear they are getting their act together again then. :tu1:
When I got mine, I sent the paper form in 3 times because at first attempt, with £5 cheque, some Numpty sent it back as 'not eligible' because he hadn't read it properly, so I sent it in again and it got lost.
After some emails about it, I sent a fresh form with a new cheque and it also never arrived, despite the fact that, on instruction from the person I had been emailing with, I had specifically sent it direct to her.
So then she accepted the form scanned and emailed directly to her.
The results I got back were just like the ones you got, the earliest record being a copy of a Log Book from the mid 1960s, showing Rubber stamping from Notts CC getting a tax disc every 4 months. Then the records jump to 1978...

As a footnote, neither cheque got cashed, so the paper applications were really lost in the DVLA or Royal Mail systems. :roll:
Basil the 1955 series II