Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Grumpy21
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Lanoguard

Post by Grumpy21 »

Has anyone tried this stuff?

Been around for a while now with some good reviews on t'net. Looks very easy to apply and nowhere near as messy as wax oil. The dried finish is much nicer too. Not seen any adverse comments other that perhaps needing a 'top-up' annually.

thanks
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Lanoguard

Post by myoldjalopy »

You may care to take a look at this fairly recent thread on the same subject: viewtopic.php?t=74759
Grumpy21
Minor Fan

Post by Grumpy21 »

myoldjalopy wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:21 am You may care to take a look at this fairly recent thread on the same subject: viewtopic.php?t=74759

Brill. Thanks. May give it a try then
Grumpy21
Minor Fan

Post by Grumpy21 »

Ordered this morning.
Grumpy21
Minor Fan

Post by Grumpy21 »

Applied yesterday afternoon. Very easy to apply, very quick to apply. Whole process including lifting the car took well under an hour. No need for extensive masking as the gun is very controllable.

It’s quite thin so applying too much causes drips and it has quite a unique ‘farm yard’ odour. Overspray and mist is a problem like any sprayed finish so I’d suggest eye protection and a mask.

Once done I left the car for about 10 mins then Drove it out of the garage. It’s now in my lockup drying where it’ll stay for a few days

So compared to waxoil type protection it’s easier and quicker to apply, less objectionable smell and much easier to clean up afterwards.

If it protects as well then it’ll be a winner I think.
PhilipW1039
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by PhilipW1039 »

Hello Mr Grumpy :D

Just wanted to say thanks for this post. Got my Traveller this year and the underneath is plastered with the bitumen type underseal. So my late summer plan was to remove it all with brush and scraper, then re coat with waxoyl. I’ll now be using this; looks much easier, user friendly and eco friendly too!

Great post, ta very much!
Philip

Just gradually working things out...
Castle Rock
Minor Friendly

Post by Castle Rock »

I note Charles Ware centre uses Tectyl on their restored cars. Has anyone here used it? One would assume if they're using it it must be good...?