Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

LCV

Post by les »

I’m wondering if the Minor LCV website is down or if it’s no longer functioning. Anyone know?

Plin
Minor Fan

Re: LCV

Post by Plin »

I have also been trying to access it for a couple of days - nothing being said on the LCV Register Facebook page? Oh dear maybe despite your great efforts to keep it alive the masters have decided it is time to let it slip away but I hope not :(
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Thanks for replying Plin, I do fear it’s all over, although I’d have thought some sort of announcement would have been made if that was the case, so maybe I’m being too negative. However the forum is/was hardly used, so who knows. Putting a post up is one thing but it’s disheartening with so little response to follow, apart from the few !

MM1949
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by MM1949 »

I've just purchased a van and was thinking of joining the LCV register, is the register still running?.

Does the MMOC have a LCV register?, if not may be worth thinking about forming one.

thanks Martin
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

MM1949 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:45 pm I've just purchased a van and was thinking of joining the LCV register, is the register still running?.

Does the MMOC have a LCV register?, if not may be worth thinking about forming one.

thanks Martin
Was thinking of it, but cannot do it alone.
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Wouldn’t that just be a case of transferring your research to the MMOC, there would be no need to start again.

mobylette
Minor Fan

Post by mobylette »

Looks like they still have a Facebook presence:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MinorLCVRegister/
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Yes, facebook, or maybe I should I say, the people that use the LCV section of facebook, haven’t done the register any favours. I suppose you’re not ‘on trend’ unless you go there. Oh well, at least this forum is still here, let’s hope it survives. LCV guys get all the support they need from here.
However I’m still not sure if the Register is, in fact no more.
Last edited by les on Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MM1949
Minor Friendly

Post by MM1949 »

If the LCV Register is just on Facebook, then I won't be joining it, FB is not for me :-(
don58van
Minor Addict

Post by don58van »

Nor me. I terminated my membership when they moved over. FB has killed the Australian websites. :-(

Don
MM1949
Minor Friendly

Post by MM1949 »

The LCV forum is back up, although it does seem its a bit of a wilderness as far as posts are concerned...
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

You might be looking at a different site. I still can’t see the one linked to my home page.

mobylette
Minor Fan

Post by mobylette »

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Maybe my end then, all I get is —— server cannot be found, had this for days now.

Plin
Minor Fan

Post by Plin »

I kept checking and noticed it was up and running again so and made a quick post (19 July about 8pm). I did ask why it was down but of course no reply but not sure who is really monitoring it as 'Admin' shows one of the chaps as last being on there 'Tue May 03, 2022 5:51 pm' and the other one last visited 'Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:27 pm'! But maybe they can monitor things without being logged on?

Anyway, the LCV Register is still alive but of course it is a paid up membership if you want a magazine. Blooming Facebook is free but the forum is so quiet now it is very sad. But the forum is alive again at least for now!!
MM1949
Minor Friendly

Post by MM1949 »

OK thanks...I'll give it a miss for just a magazine. :-(
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Maybe my end then, all I get is —— server cannot be found, had this for days now.
What operating system are you using? If windows, then open a command prompt and then type:
ipconfig /flushdns
It is important to type it exactly as shown, then press the enter/return key. Once the command completes (almost instant) then close the window and try accessing the site again. No promises, but worth a try.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Thanks for the tip but when I delve into the unknown with computers, it generally goes pear shaped. I’m using an ipad. I’d rather not access the LCV site in preference to pressing buttons, in fact its all but abandoned there now. Checking the site out was just a habit. However I’m grateful for you interest.

simmitc

Post by simmitc »

No worries, quite understand. I don't use an iPad myself, but in case you, or anyone else does want to try it, I found some notes:

By far the simplest way to clear out the DNS caches on the iPhone is to simply toggle Airplane mode ON and back OFF again. This is easily done by using the simple airplane switch from within the Control Center of modern versions of iOS:
Swipe up from the bottom of the iPhone or iPad screen to reveal Control Center
Tap on the Airplane Icon to enable Airplane Mode – wait until the devices radio signals are off as indicated by the airplane logo in the status bar, then tap again on the Airplane Icon to disable Airplane Mode
Swipe down to leave Control Center, the DNS cache has been flushed successfully

I cannot vouch for this, but it does seem to have a consensus that it's how to do it.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Tried the site just now, and suddenly all seems to work. However thanks for instructions, I’ll make a note.