Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
kennatt
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Not MM related but what a rip off

Post by kennatt »

The wifes renault modus has developed a fault ,in that both rear ABS sensor holding clips have rusted out,totaly gone. Easy job,,,,,no niether renault or any motor factors can supply the clips,They are a circular fitting which slids onto the axle before fitting the rear hubs.they are originally made from mild steel and fitted to the axle by renault via a small spot weld.(Did they think that they would last for years) Renault state I need to buy a new axle £900. There is a firm on U tube who make them at £50 each, at least out of marine grade stainless so will outlast most cars, they aparently had a press made at great cost since they saw a gap in the market.
/ All modus,megan scenics,lagoona etc are the same.So £100 to sort for a pair metal clips metal value 30p At least they are available . I think its diabolical that renault fit a crucial part,made from material that will rapidly rust and would probably cost them 30pish to stock,and don't offer them as a spare part.
Renault owners beware.
Sleeper
Minor Legend
Location: Manchester ( Damp and Miserable ) and that's just the wife...
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Not MM related but what a rip off

Post by Sleeper »

JBWeld ?

Edit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLYmtiQXd5M

Get it done, you know you love her.....

John ;-)
PhilipW1039
Minor Fan

Post by PhilipW1039 »

Might be cheaper in the long run just to replace the Renault :D
Philip

Just gradually working things out...
kennatt
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by kennatt »

2p fix with dab of tigerseal.Probably less than that,did'nt have to buy the tube,local garage lent me it.Still peeeeed off with dealer.However its an 08 car but only has 23thou on clock owned from new.Good shopping trolly :D
PhilipW1039
Minor Fan

Post by PhilipW1039 »

Well done. What a result! I discovered Sikaflex recently - both that Tiger seal are amazing stuff.
Philip

Just gradually working things out...