Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Strange Brake Layout

Post by geoberni »

So while aimlessly browsing the interweb, I stumbled across this page relating to a Traveller in California...
http://www.californiaclassix.com/archiv ... _c620.html
Scroll about 3/4 of the way down the page and you'll see the underside.
It has been given Front Discs, but the rear drums have got a servo.
The Servo is mounted in the rear axle space and due to the length of the vacuum pipe in a relatively small bore, it appears to have a vacuum reservoir added to the vacuum line just before the Servo...
That location might work for California, but imagine the muck getting into that Air Valve on the Servo anywhere else... :roll:
It seems that in late 2010 it was sold to a customer in Wisconsin. :roll: :roll:

I've added the one image here so there is something to see if the website is removed in the future.
servo.jpg
servo.jpg (91.6 KiB) Viewed 297 times
Basil the 1955 series II

ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Strange Brake Layout

Post by ManyMinors »

Yes, it is amazing how complicated owners can make a nice simple car isn't it :D
Once you've started, you just don't know where to stop I suppose :wink:
JOWETTJAVELIN
Minor Legend

Post by JOWETTJAVELIN »

Don’t know why someone would do that. Exhaust route doesn’t look too good either.
Bill_qaz
Minor Addict

Post by Bill_qaz »

The vacuum metal pipe going into the diaphragm looks like it's already struck something and been damaged.
Looks like BIC engineering :roll:
Regards Bill
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

JOWETTJAVELIN wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:58 am Don’t know why someone would do that. Exhaust route doesn’t look too good either.
Yes, it's a very tight fit with the Servo in there. I recon it could bounce on the Damper. :o

If you go to the link and see the other images, it appears to have a pusher fuel pump also mounted in the same area. Talk about congested... :)

They seem to have done all that but the wiring looks a bit tatty under the bonnet.
Basil the 1955 series II

Monty-4
Minor Addict

Post by Monty-4 »

Recently bought a landcrab that I took to the rally last weekend - was amazed to find the fuel pump is mounted underneath between the fuel tank and rear bumper. Couldn't get dialectric grease onto those contacts fast enough... might even remount it in the bonnet as a pull/suck pump! The MGB brackets are very nice.
68' 4-door Saloon, another 'Monty'.