Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
stag-gered
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Un-identified body pieces

Post by stag-gered »

Hi,

Help please. Can anyone identify the metal piece in the attached photo that I removed from my 1969 two door saloon some twenty years ago? I am fairly certain it came off the car, but I have no idea of its function or where it should be installed? I thought in the boot, but the spacing of the two holes doesn't appear to line up with other fixings.

Also, I have a small block of timber, perhaps 50 x 50 x 50 mm that was installed behind the interior rear quarter panel on the offside. Strangely, I don't have one for the nearside. Where exactly is it to be fitted? Is it necessary?

Many thanks.
Attachments
IMG_1904.JPG
IMG_1904.JPG (1.97 MiB) Viewed 503 times
les
Minor Maniac

Re: Un-identified body pieces

Post by les »

I think there is a similar piece inside the door but it might be a little too large for that, although it’s not easy to see the scale from the picture.

ManyMinors
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by ManyMinors »

That piece of metal screws to the underside of the RH boot board.
The 2 little wooden blocks you mention form a spacer between the quarter panel trim and the steel panelwork. No, it isn't really necessary.
stag-gered
Minor Friendly

Post by stag-gered »

Thank you both for your help. Looking at it now I should have given some idea of size/dimensions! It is the piece that screws to the RH boot board. When I came to fit the boards I would then perhaps have wondered what attached to the holes, but now I know. Presumably it stops the spare wheel sliding too far into the space and also provides something for the retaining bracket to push against.

With the wooden piece I shall probably leave it out.

Many thanks.